Diablo 2 Resurrected using Lutris

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xanaki
Level 1
Level 1

Diablo 2 Resurrected using Lutris

Post by xanaki »

Hola hola Linux Gamers!

Has anyone been able to run Diablo 2 Resurrected using Lutris? I get sound but only black screen gfx, well mouse cursor works :P

I did this:

Installed Lutris and Wine
Installed Battle.Net from Lutris
Installed D2R from BNet

When starting, sound is working but all gfx is black. Any ideas? I have a good nVidia card and updated Mint with drivers.

P.S. I play D2R on Win11 because of this (Dualboot, sorry folks!)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Bring me a shrubbery, Shrubbery of Mint. Ni!
From Finland with love and liquor since 1972.
xanaki
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Diablo 2 Resurrected using Lutris

Post by xanaki »

Just have to say this.

Since D2R is the only game I am really playing right now, it's sad I have to dual boot to Win11 because of it. I know you understand <3

One more thing, I installed also Steam, and from there a modern game (Early Access) called Last Epoch. It works perfectly.

So maybe I have some misconfig in Lutris:-?
xanaki
Level 1
Level 1

Post by xanaki »

Nobody tried?
gartentraktor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gartentraktor »

same interest on playing D2R in Linux Mint. But as far as there is no easy way (without workaround) to get it work i will not play it. Windows had its chance from 95 to 10, now i am enogh frustrated to not give it another chance to do so on 11.

I will try to play D2R and D3 with wine in August 2022 if there is not an easier way to play posted here :)
gartentraktor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gartentraktor »

I did it. I installed Guild Wars 2 this way, too.

Maybe i was lucky, maybe it is that easy:

i followed this command-lines:

Code: Select all

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lutris-team/lutris
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install lutris
this further one was not necessary for me:

Code: Select all

$ sudo apt install python3-yaml python3-requests python3-pil python3-gi gir1.2-gtk-3.0 gir1.2-gnomedesktop-3.0 gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 gir1.2-notify-0.7 psmisc cabextract unzip p7zip curl fluid-soundfont-gs x11-xserver-utils python3-evdev libc6-i386 lib32gcc1 libgirepository1.0-dev
taken from this german website:
https://www.linux-community.de/ausgaben ... l-mit-mir/
and afterwards just pushed the buttons for installing the games on the lutris site:
Diablo 2 resurrected:
https://lutris.net/games/diablo-2-resurrected/
Guild Wars 2:
https://lutris.net/games/guild-wars-2/
and here i used the Version:
Wine DXVK 64-Bit version last published 3 weeks ago , last edit made 3 weeks ago
whether it is important or not i dont know, because i did it like this and it worked:
i followed all the steps throughout the installer until the game was fully update, done and i started it to play. After a short test i closed the game - so that lutris said: "fully installed - gratulations!"
D2R started first time with a blackscreen in the D2R-Window. I think this was just because i started the game while D3 was downloading and installing...
... hope to helped you out and let me know if this way also works out for you!
Infidelus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Infidelus »

I've only ever used one Lutris installer for Blizzard games and that's the WoW installer. The only game I haven't managed to get working on it is their Arcade Collection. All the others work just as well* on Linux as they do on Windows.

* The Warcraft III launch menu was a bit buggy, but once in the game it worked flawlessly
Gaming exclusively on Linux since 2017. Windows can suck it!

Return to “Gaming”