What games are you playing / are you looking forward to?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DisturbedDragon
Level 5
Level 5

Re: What are we playing nowadays?

Post by DisturbedDragon »

Teddy2001 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:19 pm
DisturbedDragon wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:51 pm Hunter, Call of the Wild
Death Stranding
WRC7
Assetto Corsa Competizione
TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2
Insurgency Sanstorm
How do you like cotw? I have been trying to get my friends to play it but its always too slow for them.
COTW is quite good. The netcode is not the best. If playing with friends you need a stable, low latency connection or it will desync quickly. I play with a friend in Lima, Peru, I'm in Texas, without too much issue though.
You can set your own server parameters and even mod if you like. We tend to pack our reserves with a few more animals, follow the map guides as to where and what to hunt based on time of day. General rule is lakes in the mornings and evenings, plains or woods in between.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16C/32T | MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus | 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe | 2x 2TB Inland Gen4 NVMe | 32GB Trident Z DDR4 3600 | Nvidia RTX4090 | Fedora 39 Cinnamon | Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon | Kernel 5.15.x lowlatency
Teddy2001
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Teddy2001 »

DisturbedDragon wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:41 pm
Teddy2001 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:19 pm
DisturbedDragon wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:51 pm Hunter, Call of the Wild
Death Stranding
WRC7
Assetto Corsa Competizione
TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2
Insurgency Sanstorm
How do you like cotw? I have been trying to get my friends to play it but its always too slow for them.
COTW is quite good. The netcode is not the best. If playing with friends you need a stable, low latency connection or it will desync quickly. I play with a friend in Lima, Peru, I'm in Texas, without too much issue though.
You can set your own server parameters and even mod if you like. We tend to pack our reserves with a few more animals, follow the map guides as to where and what to hunt based on time of day. General rule is lakes in the mornings and evenings, plains or woods in between.
It's nice to have a game that's more relaxing compared to a lot of fast paced games I play like l4d2, deep rock galatic or csgo. Although cotw can be frustrating too :lol:
rambo919
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rambo919 »

Last few weeks I bin sticking with this.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-alien-armageddon/

Even voted for it in the awards now.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Anyone playing 0AD? Is it comparable to Civilization V and VI? Or is it real time?
DisturbedDragon
Level 5
Level 5

Post by DisturbedDragon »

Looping in a similar thread that I think is relevant.

viewtopic.php?f=225&t=363029
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16C/32T | MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus | 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe | 2x 2TB Inland Gen4 NVMe | 32GB Trident Z DDR4 3600 | Nvidia RTX4090 | Fedora 39 Cinnamon | Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon | Kernel 5.15.x lowlatency
Nikolai5
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Nikolai5 »

MurphCID wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:26 am Anyone playing 0AD? Is it comparable to Civilization V and VI? Or is it real time?
It's closest to Age of Empires 2. Real time strategy, you build an age of empires or command and conquer style base with resource collection, and worker units, and then have military buildings to build an army to attack the enemies.

And to otherwise add to this post. On PC (as I game on PS5 as well) is Europa Universallis IV which i have untold hours in, playing natively on Mint and then using proton to play Evil Genius 2, M&B Bannerlord and Total War Three Kingdoms (Their native version is outdated I think).
Rooo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rooo »

Nikolai5 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:32 pm
MurphCID wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:26 am Anyone playing 0AD? Is it comparable to Civilization V and VI? Or is it real time?
It's closest to Age of Empires 2. Real time strategy, you build an age of empires or command and conquer style base with resource collection, and worker units, and then have military buildings to build an army to attack the enemies.
oooOOOooo!! im a C&C Yuris revenge addict (last before they ruined it with that zoomed in kinda look) ... will take a look at OAD thanks :)

not really a gamer (love to batter things sometimes) Dungeon keeper 2 is another go to, works better in wine than it does in windows \o/
Forum Pest ...

"Easy tips for Linux Mint and Ubuntu, both for beginners and for advanced users" https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/p/1.html
Nikolai5
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Nikolai5 »

alangrinz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:12 am Among US right now.
Pretty sus that you would say that.
MattJ86
Level 3
Level 3

Post by MattJ86 »

My most played game on Steam is Nuclear Throne (80 hours). It so addictive.

jimbobs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jimbobs »

Wordle :lol:
Dell Inspiron 1525 Core 2 Duo T5850 4GB Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia Cinnamon 6.0.4
MattJ86
Level 3
Level 3

Post by MattJ86 »

jimbobs wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:31 pm Wordle :lol:
I decided to try Wordle. CRABS :lol:

If you like word games I can recomend you Bookworm series by PopCap. Here's the online version:
https://kbhgames.com/game/bookworm-online
But I recommend Windows version. It works great on Wine like most older PopCap games.

The other PopCap games I really like are Zuma and Peggle series. Plants vs. Zombies is a classic too.
MattJ86
Level 3
Level 3

Post by MattJ86 »

Brookzilla wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:05 am The game will no longer receive any updates content wise. The dev team that made the game literally disbanded :(
Yeah, this sucks. Too bad there will be no sequel or something similar. At least the game works fine on my potato. They used the engine that doesn't require freaking dedicated GPU and quadcore CPU for something that looks like an early 90's 16-bit game. :lol:

EDIT: I guessed the last Wordle in four takes. :shock: https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

i m playing "Rustler".,...love it! the medioeval GTA;-)
work perfectly with wine/proton.
shockedquartz
Level 2
Level 2

Post by shockedquartz »

I just got done playing Victor Vran on Steam. It's got a native-Linux client and was able to co-op play with a Windows user. Fun indie dungeon crawler.
MattJ86
Level 3
Level 3

Post by MattJ86 »

As a fan of retro and retro-style games I can recommend these:

- Nuclear Throne (top-down roguelike shooter with lots of funny characters that are playing different from each other and funny and absurd weapons)
- Flinthook (roguelike platformer that uses all the buttons on a modern gamepad; tons of upgrades and perks)
- Death's Hangover (bizarre fantasy Arkanoid clone)
- They Bleed Pixels (hardcore beat-em up platformer with blood and combos)
- Bleed 1 & 2 (shooter/platformer with some cool dualstick aiming)
- Bug Butcher (Pang inspired shooter with fast action and weird aliens instead of balls)
- Gonner (roguelike platformer/shooter with very original graphics style)
- Strikey Sisters (Arkanoid style game with characters instead of paddles, monsters, bosses and powerups)
- Downwell (shooter/platformer when you're diving into the underground killing monsters and upgrading the character)
- Party Hard (stealth to-down action game where you're serial killer going rampage on partying people)
- Slain: Back from Hell (side scrolling beat em up platformer with Witcher-like character killing monsters and demons; metal soundtrack)
- Super House of Dead Ninjas (brutal beat em up platformer with tons of weapons and upgrades)
- Mark of the Ninja (stealth cinematic platformer with beautiful graphics that remind me of 90's animated tv shows)
- Woah Dave (arcade-style single screen action platformer with kinda Atari 2600-like graphics)
- 1001 Spikes (Rick Dangerous-style trial-and-error platformer with local multiplayer mode; C64-like graphics)
- Wyv and Keep (puzzle platformer where two characters cooperate to exit the level)

...there are more but it's enough for now...

These games are must play if you miss the fun of the 80's to mid 90's era gaming.
prawnlinux
Level 1
Level 1

Post by prawnlinux »

My hardware is a bit dated because I found the components in the bin down the back of our block of flats. Then I rebuilt it in a new case because the other one was missing it's doors and it was a bit rusty. But I scored a quad core CPU, two DVD players and a great condition motherboard. I did put a new GPU in it and also some new ram. The old sticks died just recently.

So I just play Stardew Valley and Into The Breach. It can play DOTA 2, but it doesn't look that great.

I love Stardew Valley :D
WriteF
Level 2
Level 2

Post by WriteF »

Trying to get into the classic Thief games. Apparently they are considered masterpieces by some. Did not care for the 2014 reboot (I can't belief it has been that long :( )
simplethink wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:46 am In general, the list of my favorite games is quite large. This week I played Minecraft, Counter Strike and Dota 2. At the weekend I will play poker with friends and drink whiskey...lol
Great to see someone play Dota 2. Played it for the past few week but it just seems like a desolate place.
Benkyou taimu!
  • LPIC-1 [__________]
  • Debian Admin Handbook [==________]
  • The Linux Command Line [__________]
  • How Linux Works [__________]
h3kt0r
Level 1
Level 1

Post by h3kt0r »

Today : "Realmz" & "Thimbleweed Park".
Panasonic CF MX4 - i5-5300U vPro (4) @ 2.9GHz - 4Gb RAM - HD Graphics 5500 - Mint 20.3
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Anyone playing Humankind? Any reviews or comments?

Return to “Gaming”