What games are you playing / are you looking forward to?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Matoro

Re: What games are you playing / are you looking forward to?

Post by Matoro »

Since I am into fast paced twitchy shooters, there hasn't been a lot of it lately for Linux and Windows (probably) in general!

However, I am looking forward to this F2P FPS game called, Storme United ( http://www.stormunited.com/index.php/ne ... 38-release ). It is currently in its Alpha stages, but the game looks promising. It totally reminds me of Halo, and it runs on the Unreal Engine 4! Anyone want to play with me when the game comes out?
Welly Wu
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Welly Wu »

I'm looking forward to purchasing Wasteland 2 and The Talos Principle, but I'm researching Dying Light as well. These look like they are really good Ubuntu GNU/Linux PC games to purchase. I'll wait until the Steam Summer 2015 sale to see if they are discounted and I'll purchase them later this year. I'm really excited about The Talos Principle since it's right up my alley as I like puzzles and the graphics look amazing. There are some high quality GNU/Linux PC games coming out later in 2015 and 2014 was a banner year. I'm really glad that I switched to Linux Mint 17.1 "Rebecca" 64 bit GNU/Linux from Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional with Media Center Update 1 64 bit. My PC is much more stable and reliable along with secure now.

I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for new GNU/Linux PC games that will be released later this year. I plan to spend a few hundreds of dollars to purchase several GNU/Linux PC games during the Steam Summer, Halloween, Black Friday, and Holiday sales later this year. I have 175.0 GNU/Linux PC games in my library and a total of 445.0 Windows and GNU/Linux PC games in my library so I have a pretty decent collection.

My favorite PC games are The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief, Sid Meier's Civilization V and Civilization: Beyond Earth. I also play The 39 Steps, Bastion, Transistor, Broken Age, FORCED, Guacamelee! Gold Edition, Leisure Suit Larry: Land of the Lounge Lizards, Portal, Portal 2, and Tropico 5.

I love GNU/Linux PC gaming! I regularly purchase my PC games from Steam.
jmorris84
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jmorris84 »

I was finally able to install Torchlight II, thanks to this guide: http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/thre ... guide.173/

The game itself was on sale for $3.99 last night on Steam. Good game so far.
jo3fis

Post by jo3fis »

Wasteland 2, shadowrun returns, cstrike source, strife veteran edition are what I am playing at moment.

Looking forward to / going to play Baldurs gate 2, dying light, planescape torment, metro series

Last but not least pillars of eternity and torment: tides of numenera
jmorris84
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jmorris84 »

jmorris84 wrote:I was finally able to install Torchlight II, thanks to this guide: http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/thre ... guide.173/

The game itself was on sale for $3.99 last night on Steam. Good game so far.
So yeah, this game is just as addicting as Diablo 2 was for me. :twisted:
Welly Wu
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Welly Wu »

I plan to purchase the forthcoming Sid Meier's Civilization: Starships PC game when it becomes available later this year. It hooks into Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth PC game with a forthcoming patch coming soon. I plan to get it during the annual Steam sales. So, I'll wait for a review before I get it.
Welly Wu
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Welly Wu »

I plan to get The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing I & II: Complete Franchise Pack including all of the extra DLCs for my friend Vincent. I authorized his HP HPE-107E desktop PC to my Steam account so that I can share my PC games with him. I'll also get Sid Meier's Civilization: Starships. I plan to wait until the Steam Summer 2015 sale to get my PC games on my wishlist. I may get more PC games during the Steam 2015 Holiday sale as well.
cllvt

Post by cllvt »

Well, I suppose this is a boring game to some of you, but I am pretty excited about it as it is pretty much the only thing I was hanging onto Windows for: Deer Hunter 2005!

I had tried running on Wine (even though the Wine reviews were not great) on some older hardware, and older versions of Wine, not even close. Recently I tried again on my i5 laptop (Mint KDE) and a newer version of Wine and it all worked great, right out of the chute!

So long Windows! Yea Wine!

Chris
Petro Dawg

Post by Petro Dawg »

Playing Ryzom mostly.
Ryan.85

Post by Ryan.85 »

Really looking forward to The Witcher 3 :D
rcgamer

Post by rcgamer »

I'll take a turn at keeping this one alive. I've been going nuts buying games on steam. Just started Wasteland 2, Dead Island, Oddworld New and Tasty, and Chivalry Medieval Warfare. It's exciting to me that good gaming has finally come to linux. I'm surprised this subforum isn't more busy.
TinkerMan

Post by TinkerMan »

Thankfully both CKII and EUIV works through Steam on Mint so im happy as a fish in the ocean. I mean who doesnt like games were one has to take over the world :D .
I look forward to play Hearts of Iron 4 and Dungeons 2.
kkolarik

Post by kkolarik »

I'd be interested in seeing hidden object games being available... My wife is constantly battling nasty-ware on her Windows based system....I think the availability of hidden object games may coax her away from the "Dark Side" AKA Windows!
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

kkolarik wrote:I'd be interested in seeing hidden object games being available...
There are a lot already. Artifex Mundi publishes a lot of their hidden object games on Linux also. Past few weeks a lot of their games have been on huge discount on Steam; this one currently: http://store.steampowered.com/app/284710/. Not that I play those games, but a family member does :)

You can track deals on Steam through https://steamdb.info/sales/?displayOnly ... =999&cc=de
Dukenukemx
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Dukenukemx »

LedzuppasS wrote:i really hope that more games become available for linux
The more people use Linux and use Steam Linux games, the more developers will port their games over. Valve has done a lot for Linux gaming, and continues with the release of a working Vulkan open source driver for Intel graphics. But the biggest issue for Linux gaming is EA's Origin and Blizzard. Both show no effort or interest in bringing their games over to Linux.
ganamant
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ganamant »

I mostly play retro games and interactive fiction.

@xenopeek:
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup looks interesting: I'll check it out.
Felix2cat

Post by Felix2cat »

I'm trying to play directly, without PlayOnLinux, Wine or emulators.
Here are some of my usual games :
  • Xonotic / Nexuiz (I prefer the later)
    Torcs (sometimes...)
    Morrowind (but I don't really like it)
    Enemy Territory
Or on Steam :
  • Dota 2
    The Talos principle
    Forward to the sky
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I just started on Pillars of Eternity, gonna be a long dungeon romp I think :mrgreen:
Condorman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Condorman »

I recently got Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast running on WINE. Absolutely thrilled! One of my favourite Sega racers of all time. Runs really well too with very little fuss. :) Amazing game.
YourJust

Post by YourJust »

anybody played broken age ? second part is coming next week. really interesting adventure

Return to “Gaming”