WOT Play on Linux

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
wibbly
Level 1
Level 1

WOT Play on Linux

Post by wibbly » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:00 am

Ok, I am not a whiz, but I am ok with LinuxMint.

Currently have a laptop that runs it flawlessly, and a desktop that has two hard drives. One is Vista the other is also Linuxmint 17.2, 64 bit.

I have WOT on Vista, and that runs fine, but would love to get the LinuxMint/Play on Linux version running as best I can.

It's all installed, it runs, but the frame rate is lower than I would like.

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 5000+ x2
GTX460SE

I have read through various forums, threads etc, but as often happens there is a lot of updated/abandoned/unanswered stuff that doesn't spell out exactly how to get the best performance, so I thought that I would ask here and see if anyone knows?

Play on Linux.
I am running 64 bit Linux, I assume that I need 64 bit Wine installs, but although I can add them, they don't appear in the Play On Linux drop down list?
I have read that I should use CS or CSMT versions of wine, but these do not appear in the 64 bit list. Any ideas as to which is the one to go for currently?
Should I select OpenGL or not?

I am currently on WOT medium graphics, getting up to 20 fps, but as my WOT settings are low, the display isn't high res.
My Nvidia settings are to use the max performance.

I am on the verge of buying a new motherboard and i5 cpu, but before I do...will this make any noticeable difference?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rob
Linuxmint 64bit version Always the latest version
Kernel 4.4.0-53
Intel i5 4690k @ 3.50Ghz x 4
Ram 8GB
WD Black 1TB
GEForce GT460SE 1GB

Booman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: WOT Play on Linux

Post by Booman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:37 pm

Do you have proprietary drivers installed for your GTX 460 SE?

I have never used 64-bit Wine because its still buggy and didn't work for my tests.
So I always use a 32-bit virtual drive in PlayOnLinux and 32-bit Wine

There are newer versions of Wine called "staging" that include the CSMT and other fixes not available in regular Wine.
Feel free to try those out as well. The Wine Configuration has a CSMT checkbox to enable it.

Besides purchasing a new Nvidia video card, there isn't much else you can do to improve frame rates.
I tested World of Tanks months ago and it ran well on my GeForce 550 Ti.
I did have to turn down some of the video options but it ran smoothly

You can also try OpenBox Window Manager. Its extremely bare bones and reduces a lot of unnecessary processes while gaming.
When you log into OpenBox there is nothing but a grey screen. You have to right-click, run Terminal and then type playonlinux
Then start your game.
Its kinda like Windows Safe Mode.
I have seen a boost of frames per second in some games by using OpenBox.
Booman
Mint 19 64-bit
PlayOnLinux 4.3.4
PlayOnLinux GuidesTested Games List

wibbly
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wibbly » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have the latest Nvidia driver plus updates, the odd thing is that the tab for AMD64 versions of wine is visible, and so are all of the versions, I can select them and hit the > to move them across to make them available, run through the install process, but they don't appear in the configuration drop down list.

I am getting 59fps in WOT on Vista with a customised standard view, which is giving me excellent graphics quality.
I am getting 20fps in LM with pretty low settings with is quite pixelated.

I will have a go at your suggestions and see what happens.

Again, many thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Rob
Kernel 4.4.0-53
Ram 8GB
WD Black 1TB
GEForce GT460SE 1GB

Booman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Booman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:10 pm

No problem

Maybe the Nvidia configuration might have some control over performance as well?

I have a feeling World of Tanks is in a 32-bit virtual drive which means 64-bit Wine isn't available.
What other games can you play in Wine?
Booman
Mint 19 64-bit
PlayOnLinux 4.3.4

wibbly
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wibbly » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:19 pm

Aha, that may explain it. To be honest I only ever play WOT, though if someone figures out a way to play Armored Warfare in Linux I would give that a go too. I could download it into Windows, but I am doing my best to move away from it altogether.

Rob
Kernel 4.4.0-53
Ram 8GB
WD Black 1TB
GEForce GT460SE 1GB

wibbly
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wibbly » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:45 pm

Just one quick question, as I have downloaded WOT into the original 64 bit virtual drive, what do I need to do to copy it into the new 32 bit one? I really don't want to go through the process of downloading that little lot all over again.

Regards

Rob
Kernel 4.4.0-53
Ram 8GB
WD Black 1TB
GEForce GT460SE 1GB

Booman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Booman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:47 pm

You could always try Armored Warfare yourself.
Testing requires a lot of patience if it doesn't initially work.
I've had to install games 4 or 5 times just to get it working.

Armored Warfare supports Windows XP so it should have direct X 9 compatibility.
For some reason they aren't supporting 32-bit operating systems yet. So you will have to wait.

You will have to do a manual installation in PlayOnLinux for your tests.
Here are some simple steps for doing a manual installation: http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/thre ... -list.893/
I use these steps for my guides.
Booman
Mint 19 64-bit
PlayOnLinux 4.3.4

phd21
Level 18
Level 18

Post by phd21 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi wibbly (Rob?),

I. Assuming you mean World Of Tanks (WOT), apparently you can run this under Linux.

Goodbye Windows Hello Linux and World of Tanks
https://3region.wordpress.com/2013/03/2 ... llo-linux/

Interview: Maksim Melnikau, Wargaming.net.
MM: Although Wargaming doesn’t have a native client for Linux yet, World of Tanks runs smoothly on Wine and we even have a detailed WoT for Linux manual. Developing a separate game client for a free-to-play project is an expensive, long process. It’s only reasonable if there’s a large community that will play the game on Linux-powered devices.
http://www.tuxradar.com/content/intervi ... m-melnikau

World Of Tanks on Linux - YouTube videos
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... s+on+linux

World Of Tanks Guide - discussion in 'Guides' started by booman, Jun 28, 2014.
http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/thre ... guide.725/

Play On Linux (POL) World of Tanks, Tuesday 5 March 2013
https://www.playonlinux.com/en/comments-1145.html

World Of Tanks
http://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/soft/ ... rams/1311/

II. Below are various links to installing and using programs under "Wine". There is also "winetricks" which can help install stuff in Wine.

You might even have to remove wine first if it is really messed up.
sudo apt-get remove wine
Winetricks is an easy way to work around problems in Wine. It has a menu of supported games/apps for which it can do all the workarounds automatically. It also lets you install missing DLLs or tweak various Wine settings individually.
https://code.google.com/p/winetricks/
Wine links - Info on installing and using
http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/547

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Wine-on-Linux

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/547

III. Wine Staging (formerly wine-compholio) is a special wine version containing bug fixes and features, which are not yet available in regular wine versions.
Info
http://www.wine-staging.com/

To Install Wine Staging in Ubuntu/Linux Mint - Please run the following commands from a terminal, one line after each other.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pipelight/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends wine-staging

If you want to avoid typing the full path each time you can additionally install the wine-staging-compat package which provides compatibility symlinks:

sudo apt-get install wine-staging-compat

IV. FYI regarding Video Drivers:

Solve display problems in Ubuntu and Linux Mint
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinux ... ct/display

1. Find out which nVidia driver you need

- because nvidia sometimes decides to not include older cards in the newest driver versions, you need to find out if your card is still supported by the most recent driver (installed by the nvidia-glx package) or whether you might need to install a package with a specific version. A little program called nvidia-detect helps you with this

- open up a terminal window and install it with the following command:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-detect
sudo apt-get update

- after the install start it by entering: sudo nvidia-detect

- if it tells you that you need "nvidia-glx" your card is still supported by the latest version and you can install the proprietary driver with the commands in the next step. If not replace nvidia-glx with the package nvidia-detect tells you to use
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Install the proprietary Nvidia driver

- for installing the driver, a little helper program to make it work and the nvidia configuration tool, open up a terminal and copy/paste the following:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx nvidia-settings nvidia-xconfig

- THIS STEP IS CRITICAL: after the installation is finished execute the following command: sudo nvidia-xconfig

- nvidia-xconfig creates a xorg.conf file that tells the kernel which driver to use. Other drivers don't need this config file anymore so it has to be created. Also the installation of the driver ends with the message that the nouveau driver is still active and the easiest solution is to just reboot, without this step you'll end up with system without a graphical interface. If you are allready at that point, just login and enter sudo nvidia-xconfig now
- done!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NVIDIA: how to install a video card driver manually -mamarley/nvidia PPA
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/12

Type in at the console terminal prompt each line one by one, or copy and paste each line:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mamarley/nvidia
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-??? <----- Must put the correct nVidia driver for your video card, ex: nvidia-349
sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings
sudo apt-get install vdpauinfo
sudo apt-get update

Reboot your computer. After this reboot your video card should run on the new driver. Check it by means of the following terminal command:
lsmod | grep nvidia
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X.org-Edgers PPA
you can also add the X.org-Edgers PPA if youre concerned about your graphics performance. This PPA will give you the absolute latest version of the X.org X display server, which is a part of the entire graphics stack. If you want better graphics performance, its important to keep the entire stack updated. You shouldnt use this PPA if you use the proprietary graphics drivers.

Type in at the console terminal prompt each line one by one, or copy and paste each line:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa
sudo apt-get update

Oibaf is a PPA that includes the very latest graphics drivers, and is updated virtually every day. This PPA is only helpful if youre using the open source drivers rather than the proprietary nVidia or AMD drivers proprietary drivers are not included.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
sudo apt-get update

FYI: It would help everyone here to have more information about your system's setup: like what edition and version of Linux Mint are you using, Cinnamon, Mate, KDE (my favorite), or Xfce; version 17 or 17.1, or What?; 32-bit or 64-bit? Some more information about your hardware would be useful as well. You can get this information from top of your system menu's Welcome screen, System Information program(s), and the best is by typing in "inxi -Fxz" from a console terminal prompt, which you can then copy and paste back here. This information helps anyone here in this forum to be able to answer any questions you may have better :), thanks. You can even add this information (abbreviated) to your signature using the control panel link in the above left of this forum screen; then when you post a question or reply to one, that info will automatically be there, ex: see mine and others below their posts.
Phd21: Mint KDE 18.3 & 19, 64-bit Awesome OS, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram,256gb SDD, Video: Intel 4 Graphics, DVD Lightscribe. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

wibbly
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wibbly » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Once I have World of Tanks running ok, I will try Armoured Warfare, that would make a nice challenge. 8) I thought I had retired from UAT :cry:

What I am currently halfway through doing is:
Created a 32 bit virtual drive.
Copied over the WOT drive contents from the 64 bit version.
Clicked a few things and the x86 Wine version list is populated.
Selected 1.7.48-staging, lo and behold this appears in the Wine drop down list, so will see how that pans out.
Will do the registry update as well, and report back.
If it is all this simple I will be more amazed than anyone. :lol:

Rob

My specs are below, I will add them plus more detail to my sig to assist with future posts:
Attachments
system.jpg
Kernel 4.4.0-53
Ram 8GB
WD Black 1TB
GEForce GT460SE 1GB

Booman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Booman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Cool, glad you stuck with it!

Most MMO's are just a folder in Program Files
You can just cut-n-paste it to another virtual drive, make a new shortcut and then launch.
Make sure to setup the new virtual drive first
Install the proper packages in PlayOnLinux first.
Booman
Mint 19 64-bit
PlayOnLinux 4.3.4

wibbly
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wibbly » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:17 am

Did a bit more tweaking. Running WOT in standard graphics mode, turned 3D settings down, VS is off. Reduced mouse sensitivity (using a gaming mouse, even on lowest DPI it was too fast).

Now getting 30 plus fps, which makes the game completely playable and controllable.

The only weird thing that I am now experiencing is that the colour of my tank changes to various shades of neon blue, but this jumps back to normal colours randomly, so something isn't keeping up when the image refreshing is being processed.

My guess is that my ageing CPU is the problem, as even in Windows the Nvidia optimisation functionality won't work because of it. Might be time to splash out on an i5 and a new motherboard.

As a side note the
- open up a terminal window and install it with the following command:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-detect
sudo apt-get update

- after the install start it by entering: sudo nvidia-detect
didn't work at all? I just got a message saying that it wasn't found? As I am running the Nvidia X and that works, I am assuming that this is doing the job anyway.

I will keep trying different adjustments, and if I can make any improvements I will post them.
For anyone who is embarking on this install a summary of the process, and it was all very simple:

If you are reading this and haven't yet installed LinuxMint then please take note:

The one thing that you must do during the install process is use a standard two button mouse. Your gaming mouse requires a specific driver, and that will not be on the ISO install. You will find that your mouse will move around the screen for a few seconds and freeze, or the buttons will have no effect on screen controls. An awful lot of newbies assume that Linux is rubbish at this point and go back to Windows. There is nothing wrong with Linuxmint, it is simply that you don't have the drivers installed. So, install Linuxmint with a standard mouse, then Google your gaming mouse to find out the settings that you need to make it work. I was pulling my hair out when I installed Mint, until I realised what the problem was.

Driver Manager
A list of drivers will appear.
I installed the version with the highest release number, latest date.
I also installed the updates for the same version.

Software Manager
Install Play on Linux
Select Configure at the top
Select New at bottom left
Select 32 bit installation (even if you have a 64 bit LinuxMint - the 64 bit virtual drive doesn't appear to allow mods to the Wine version it uses)
Select the new virtual drive
Select Games
Select World of Tanks
Follow all of the clicks
It will install IE, ok, though when it asked to install security updates I just clicked Cancel and let the setup continue.
It will download the WOT exe's and put them in the virtual drive. This will take a long time, it is a large download.
It will download the launcher, takes less time, but still a lengthy process.
Important: When the download starts, the WOT screen will appear. In the top right is a spanner, you need to quickly click on this and disable Torrents.
Let everything download.
You may find that the 'busy' rotating icon won't go away. I left mine for about 10 minutes, then just clicked Cancel. It wasn't busy, it just never terminated the icon display.
Your Windows log in will work.

Back in Play On Linux:

Click on the Wine tab at the top:
Click on the + sign next to Wine version.
Select 1.7.48-staging, or the most recent staging version.
Click the > button.
Install the version.
Select the General tab
Click the down arrow for the Wine version
Select 1.7.48 staging, or whatever you have installed.

Click on Install Components:
Install d3dx9_ with the highest number after it.

Click on Display at the top
GLSL support = enabled
Direct Draw Renderer = openGL
Video Memory size = whatever your GPU has
I left all other settings on default.

Wine tab
Select Registry Editor
Hkey_Current_User
Software
Wine
Direct 3D
Right click on right window
Select New
Select String Value
A new line will appear
Left click on it
Enter CSMT
Left Click on it
Right click on it
Select Modify
Enter Enabled
Close Registry Editor

Software Manager (for Nvidia GPU's)
Install Nvidia X Settings
Open GL settings = Sync to vBlank
Allow flipping
Image settings = Mine is on high quality
Use Conformant texture clamping
AntiAliasing = Use application settings
Powermizer = Prefer Maximum Performance

I left everything else as default.
Give yourself a few hours to complete all processes, let the system do what it does, and it works.
If anyone can suggest any settings that will improve what I have, please feel free to post.

If you find that WOT shuts down after clicking on 'Connect', do the following:
Home>....Virtual drive.
Search = awesomium
delete everything that is in the found list.
Restart WOT and it should be ok again.

I have to admit that I am a bit of a noob as far as Linux is concerned, and I am one of those who will use the system using the GUI's whenever possible. This comes from my background in designing/testing banking systems. Eg A system should take care of itself from cradle to grave without any backdoor access. Hence I avoid the terminal where possible as this isn't part of the front end. It also makes things easier for anyone new to Linux to understand. Hopefully others will give this a go and contribute their findings.

At the end of the day if users stay on Windows, the Wargaming.net will never create a native WOT for Linux. The more that take that this route, the bigger the Linux player base, and the greater the appeal to Wargaming. A native Linux version would run far faster than a Wine version, and should theoretically out-perform the Windows one.

Have fun

Rob
Last edited by wibbly on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kernel 4.4.0-53
Ram 8GB
WD Black 1TB
GEForce GT460SE 1GB

Booman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Booman » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:49 am

Awesome detail! Thanks for being so thorough...

Nice tips about the gaming mouse during installation. I could never afford those, so I always use a standard two-button.
I don't think you are a "noob" at all in Linux. You are obviously patient and willing to tinker with your operating system fearlessly. That is the best way to learn anything.
I'm sure you have learned a lot about Linux, Wine and gaming.

On your Software Manager checklist, add "Install Wine" first because if you noticed in PlayOnLinux there is a "default" virtual drive. That is taken from the initial Wine installation.
Without it, you may have problems setting up virtual drives.

Let me know if you get a chance to test Armoured Warfare
Oh and we would love to have more guides on our website if you are want to post some: www.gamersonlinux.com
Booman
Mint 19 64-bit
PlayOnLinux 4.3.4

wibbly
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wibbly » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:10 am

Thanks, I try to bring something to the table so to speak.

Re Armoured Warfare, although when live it will be free to play, I can't participate in the test phase without buying a ticket (unless I am missing something on the website). This is unlike WOT where beta was free as long as they accepted someone who applied.

I did find a site that assesses the hardware in a pc and provides an analysis of where bottlenecks occur, the most cost effective upgrade etc. It looks like my poor old processor has seen its day, so I have now ordered a new motherboard complete with i5 and fan etc. It served me well, it must be getting on for 5-10 years old??

If I ever get AW up and running I will post a how to, though as to when that will be is anybody's guess?

Regards

Rob
Kernel 4.4.0-53
Ram 8GB
WD Black 1TB
GEForce GT460SE 1GB

Booman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Booman » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:33 pm

yeah, that is too bad, its not a Bad processor, just not as fast as the modern-day CPU's
I have an AMD Phantom II 3-core. It runs really nice... specially on my SSD drive

I guess you will have to wait until beta is over
Booman
Mint 19 64-bit
PlayOnLinux 4.3.4

wibbly
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wibbly » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:11 am

Weird. Have been playing WOT with this set up for a few days. It now hangs after I click 'Connect', starts to synch the garage then the music stops and the screen freezes. The only way to get the system back is to do an Alt-F2 and kill-x?

I have tried:

Updating wine version in PLay on Linux to 1.7.49 staging.
Removing Wine.
Installing 1.7.49 staging from the terminal as described above.
Copied the Windows World of Tanks files from my other drive into the Play on Linux 32 bit virtual drive.

If I look at the processes in Wine, it tells me that WOT is not responding and no processes are running.
It looks like a Wine issue, but I have no idea why it should suddenly stop working?

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks

Rob
Kernel 4.4.0-53
Ram 8GB
WD Black 1TB
GEForce GT460SE 1GB

Booman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Booman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:43 am

Not sure, can you launch World of Tanks with "Debug" instead of "Run"
Then paste the output here and I'll see if there are any specific errors
Booman
Mint 19 64-bit
PlayOnLinux 4.3.4

wibbly
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wibbly » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:22 am

The current state of play is that after trying every fix that I could find on the web, many of which may have been out of date etc, I took the decision to save the WOT folder from my virtual drive to a temp one in my home directory, and then delete all traces of Play On Linux and Wine from the HD.

I took a look at the log and it was showing that something didn't exist, Gecko related as I recall,, though as to why it should say this when it was previously running ok, I have no idea.

I will now wait until next week, when my new motherboard/CPU arrives before doing a new install.

My suspicions at the moment, and I have no idea if they are valid or not, is that the issue was possibly related to:

1. High Definition graphics folder for some tanks - seems to cause a problem on low spec Linux systems like mine.
2. The 5th year anniversary garage that was an auto update.

I will have another go next week, and report back. It should be fairly quick to retest as copying the WOT folder back into the virtual drive will take a fraction of the time that a download does.

Regards

Rob
Kernel 4.4.0-53
Ram 8GB
WD Black 1TB
GEForce GT460SE 1GB

Booman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Booman » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Updates breaking a game in Wine is very common.
It never hurts to re-install Wine, then the newest version of PlayOnLinux 4.2.8
Then create a virtual drive for World Of Tanks and copy the game folder back into it.

I've also seen games get corrupted somehow and most of the MMO's have a validate-files functionality.
This will scan all the files to make sure everything is good.
Booman
Mint 19 64-bit
PlayOnLinux 4.3.4

wibbly
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wibbly » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Ok, latest update.

Got the shiny new motherboard, fan, ram, and i5 fitted today. Plugged everything in, Linux booted up without blinking, and everything worked as nature intended.
The drive with Vista on it presented a few problems. Had to get a new validation code from MS via the telephone system, not complex and I have done it before, but very tedious.
However, the new Mob came with an installation CD for all of the drivers, what they failed to mention in the blurb was that the CD only works on W7 onwards...and I have Vista. Couldn't do a thing with it, so no Ethernet, USB drivers etc. I can't even get onto the internet. I used my Linux OS to scan the web, but no joy with Intel or Gigabyte, so I have put a call in to the vendor to see how to resolve this.

Anyway, that was the bad news.

The good news is that I did a fresh install of Play on Linux, created an empty virtual drive, and simply copied the WOT folder that I saved above, into it. I used the latest version of wine, and the registry settings are the same as I left them before. This means that if anyone wants to get WOT running in Linuxmint then all that they have to do is create an empty 32 bit virtual drive, and copy or move their Windows installation of WOT into it. Way, way quicker than downloading it all again.

What happened?

I clicked on Launcher and nothing happened.
I clicked on the WOT.exe file, and it fired up, I logged in and played the game.
It had defaulted to low end standard graphics and was giving me 71fps??
I went into the WOT settings and selected Improved Graphics, and then upped the sliders on everything.
I am still getting 43fps, which is more than enough.

I don't really care if I can't get Vista up and running now, to be honest I have no need for it at all, but it would be nice to have 'just in case'.

I am a happy bunny now.... :wink:

Rob
Kernel 4.4.0-53
Ram 8GB
WD Black 1TB
GEForce GT460SE 1GB

Booman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Booman » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:06 pm

That is GREAT news! So the new hardware resolved your frame rate issues... awesome job!
Tinkering and building is a lot of fun and you always get to learn something new.

As for Vista, i'm not surprised at all...
I can't count how many times I've tried to refurbish a computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista or 7 and had driver issues.
Specially from Dell builds or HP builds.
I'm getting tired of it. I can boot Linux from a flash drive and have everything I need except proprietary video drivers, but with Windows I have to download all the drivers ahead of time and put them on a flash drive.
Lame!

I'm pretty patient with computers, so I'll do it anyways, but these days I'm recommending Linux to anyone who wants a refurbished computer.
Its just easier... Yes I said it!
E-A-S-I-E-R

People think Linux is so "hard" and are afraid to try something new. Most of them just ask a friend or tech do to all the work for them and never get to experience the tedious driver problems and activation problems with Windows.
Then there are updates.... I'm not even going there!
Booman
Mint 19 64-bit
PlayOnLinux 4.3.4

Return to “Gaming on Linux Mint”