What's your favorite native Linux game?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lazarus

Re: What's your favorite native Linux game?

Post by lazarus »

What? No-one has mentioned Dwarf Fortress? :shock: It's my #1 by a long shot. For Linux, anyway.

7 Days to Die would be #2, except that for some odd reason it won't run on my PC, no matter how many times I purge/reinstall. (Even tried a fresh LM install!)

I also wish I could get TES:Oblivion, TES:Skyrim or Fallout 3-4 running satisfactorily on VBox... I'm almost tempted to reinstall as a W7/LM dual-boot just for these. :(
ganamant
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ganamant »

For me, it's the fizmo-ncursesw interpreter and interactive fiction games from ftp.ifarchive.org. I like that so much that I have pulled the whole archive into my headless file server, in case my internet connection goes down and I feel like a new story to play.
Fredashay
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Fredashay »

Minecraft, hands down (yes, I'm a big kid at heart)!

It's hard for me to name other games since I launch all my games from Steam.
It's been months since I had to worry about what platform they run under natively when I buy a game on Steam.
And for the most part, I have no clue which games are native to Linux vs. which games are emulated through Proton.
Really, I don't even think about it any more.
Almost all my Steam games run without any issues regardless what platform they were originally written for.
Probably the only game I can't get to run under Steam/Proton is Flight Simulator (big surprise, eh?).
Into computer gaming and HO model railroading. I run a Minecraft server and write plugins in Java for my server.
My Server -- https://minecraft-server-list.com/server/271259/
My Plugins -- https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/auth ... hay.38349/
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kyphi »

If you liked "Thief", you may also like "The Dark Mod".

Watch the trailer on this site: http://www.thedarkmod.com/main/
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
mawilliams_

Post by mawilliams_ »

Insurgency would be my fav. You can find it for a couple bucks. still has around 2k players a day. Great FPS. Supports Linux as a dedicated server. Practically Runs on anything. intel core duo is min specs. Also, has a Ton of content in the steam workshop. you will spend the rest of the year going through all the Maps, Skins and modded weapons on the workshop.

Return to “Gaming”