Playing Hearthstone on Serena

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pietracor

Playing Hearthstone on Serena

Post by pietracor »

Hey everyone! I've been playing Hearthstone on my Android device for sometime and I love it, but two friends of mine suggested me to play on my laptop. I spent the whole afternoon trying to make Hearthstone run on Linux Mint (v. 18.1, Serena) either using wine or using playonlinux, but nothing seems to work. I tried every solution I found to no avail. Can anyone help me?

To be clear, I truly tried everything I could. I have now completely removed both wine and playonlinux (because I probably have messed something up installing them), but before that I managed to save the error that it gave me when I tried running Hearthstone. It has something to do with read access...
Any help is REALLY appreciated! :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Booman

Re: Playing Hearthstone on Serena

Post by Booman »

If I remember correctly, Hearthstone uses Battle.net right?
Recently Battle.net has upgraded to Visual C 2015
Wine isn't natively compatible with that so you will need to manually install vcrun2015 before installing Battle.net

Here are the steps:

Installing Visual C 2015 in PlayOnLinux

Miscellaneous Tab
Click "Open a Shell"
Copy/Paste:
Code: wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winet ... winetricks
Press Enter

Copy/Paste
Code: chmod +x winetricks
Press Enter

Copy/Paste
Code: WINEPREFIX=/home/username/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/hearthstone ./winetricks -q vcrun2015
Press Enter

Note: Replace "username" with your login and make sure the virtual drive name is the same as listed above.

Close Shell

Close Configure
Frontrider

Re: Playing Hearthstone on Serena

Post by Frontrider »

Thanks man, you saved me with that.

Return to “Gaming”