League of Legends trouble

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
fmco
Level 1
Level 1

League of Legends trouble

Postby fmco » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:50 am

Greetings. I used to play lol on ubuntu via play on linux. But ubuntu was acting weird and I came back to mint, mate mint 18.1 64bits. The trouble is that I install the game and change the wine version to 1.9.2staging lol3 that was supposed to work. But it does not work, it returns a message saying that an error ocurred, I try to see what happens, but it does not show to. Well, I don't know what else to do, I did googled it, nothing succesfull. And I want not use windows or change the linux version for a while. I apologize for any gramatical error, but it is 4am right now and I'm almost falling asleep over the laptop.

RaptorCyrus
Level 1
Level 1

Re: League of Legends trouble

Postby RaptorCyrus » Sat May 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Try to use 'GameOnLinux' and follow program installation.
Anyway, I hope this opinion help you deal with problem.
RIP old PC:Image
It may the first youngest guy using Linux in asia (not include Android)
Intel Celeron N3060
4GB RAM
32 GB eMMC

Jaydemir
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Jaydemir » Mon May 15, 2017 5:51 am

Haven't played league but when I try to run Oblivion through wine, at times it would crash until I go in and change the screen resolution along with some graphics settings. It's really hard to pinpoint an issue based on what's given. Do you have the appropriate graphics drivers installed on the Linux side?

RaptorCyrus
Level 1
Level 1

Postby RaptorCyrus » Mon May 15, 2017 9:17 am

Jaydemir wrote:Haven't played league but when I try to run Oblivion through wine, at times it would crash until I go in and change the screen resolution along with some graphics settings. It's really hard to pinpoint an issue based on what's given. Do you have the appropriate graphics drivers installed on the Linux side?

Nvidia Geforce has linux driver: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx (Plz choose 'Show more Operating System first)
AMD Radeon also can install linux driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
However, Intel HD/Iris graphic linux drivers are not available
RIP old PC:Image
It may the first youngest guy using Linux in asia (not include Android)
Intel Celeron N3060
4GB RAM
32 GB eMMC

Return to “Gaming on Linux Mint”