Pysol music [SOLVED]

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cecilieaux
Level 5
Level 5

Pysol music [SOLVED]

Post by cecilieaux »

Does anyone know how to add that weird but mesmerizing music to Pysol Fan Club edition?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cecilieaux
--
Every time I think I'm past newbiedom something like this happens.
Running Linux Mint 21 Vera with Cinnamon.
MintBean

Re: Pysol music

Post by MintBean »

From what I read, you download the music files and paste them into the folder:
/home/<username>/.pysolfc/music

Folders with a . (period) in front are hidden, so you have to select the option in your file manager to show hidden files.

As to where to get the music files, try this. I don't know if this is the music you expect. Download, extract the files from the rpm (clicking on it should offer this option), then paste them into the directory mentioned above.
http://ftp.altlinux.org/pub/distributio ... 15.src.rpm

All untested. I don't use pysol.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

I clicked on this link, opened in Archive Manager, navigated to the music files, double clicked them, and they play just fine.

ftp://195.220.108.108/linux/Mandriva/de ... noarch.rpm
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Same with the link that MintBean posted.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "cecilieaux",

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

Although I already had solitaire games, I went into the "Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)", searched for "pysol", installed that, and started Klondike solitaire but there was only basic sounds.

FYI: Of course, you can play any music from any music application while playing PySol or any games in your Linux Mint system.

I then downloaded the "rpm" file from the link from "MintBean" into my "/Downloads" folder, right clicked it Extracted Here, it created a "PySolFC-music-4.40-alt2_15.src" folder, went into that, right clicked another archive file "pysol-music-4.40.tar.gz" and Extracted that which created "pysol-music-4.40" folder with a "Data" folder, went into that, and there was the "Music" folder, went into that, where there were 3 music files:

Astral_Dreams.it
Past_and_Future.it
Subsequential.mod

I copied these into the hidden PySol Fan Club's configuration folder's music folder:
/home/user69/.pysolfc/music/

Then restarted PySol Fan Club edition, started Klondike Solitaire, and there was the "weird but mesmerizing music". I do not see how to change which music is selected.

I also converted these music files into ".mp3" so they can be played from any music application.
PySol_Music1.jpg
PySol_Music2.jpg
Last edited by phd21 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
cecilieaux
Level 5
Level 5

Post by cecilieaux »

It works!!! Thanks, folks.
Cecilieaux
--
Every time I think I'm past newbiedom something like this happens.
Running Linux Mint 21 Vera with Cinnamon.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "cecilieaux",

You are welcome from all of us that responded ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
Marcel_T
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Pysol music [SOLVED]

Post by Marcel_T »

@ cecilieaux, I didn't know there was music for Pysol until you started this thread. Thank you for that!

Return to “Gaming”