Boarderlands2 first try always cause hard freeze

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
justtrying

Boarderlands2 first try always cause hard freeze

Post by justtrying »

Been playing this game on steam since mint cinnamon 17.3 without any problems. I have since fresh installed mint 18.1 & 18.2 and in both, i can start and play the game for awhile
( unpredictable amount of time ) ..but almost always it eventually crashes and i would not be able to do anything but hard reboot the computer. Strange thing is after i do that it plays flawlessly for hours with no crashes whatsoever for as long as i want. First time to see a problem like this and i have been using Linux mint for many years .
i am running AMD fx 9950 no over-clock and my graphic card is Nvidia GTX1080, using current drivers 384.59, but this still happened with earlier stock drivers . Kernel 4.10.30 (makes no difference).
Has anyone had this problem , that is, if you still playing this game. Is there a solution to this problem ? I searched and could not find one ...except to resign to the fact I have to play the game till it freeze restart the computer, the really play the game.
Sorry for the long post but i am curious as to what might be the cause
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Gaming”