Steam Issues

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bitte-warten

Steam Issues

Post by bitte-warten »

As an gaming enthuisiast i will share my experiences with Steam:

so if you want to play Half-Life2 in Coop - try synergy (mod) it runs well on linux and is for free.
but there is an issue, maybe because of 18.2 i use,
i had to Switch the Version under the "BETA" tab (rightclick on the game) and choose "developer mode" and deactivate the Beta programm - et voila - it works!
seems like steam is a lazy bunch or it is related to this viewtopic.php?t=223469
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bitte-warten

Re: Steam Issues [SOLVED] -install on another drive

Post by bitte-warten »

okay i have a continuing problem on linux mint 18.2 cinnamon 64bit with steam downloads and i am not alone with it -
here is the thing :
i doubleclick on the game i want to download from my library and takes the usual time - when i check the folder in the time inbetween it is only around 1mb even though the game is around 18gigs and also looks like it is downloading a huge thing. when it finishes the download at 100% it says "download paused" in blue, instead of whiteish name of the game... so then check the folder again and it is around 1,3mb only, when i want to start the game it just repeats from 0% again and does the same thing all over. i tried to "clear download cache" from steam, "verify integrity of game files" <- says all files corrupt or missing and starts the download all over again.

experienced with:
-synergy mod (switch to dev mode in beta tab)
-Dwarfs F2P
-Airships : Conquer the skies
-Team Fortress 2

i would be really happy about any hint what the problem is and what to do.
opened discussions about it on steam community related games. looks like their download system isnt always working right or of course im trying to download while they apply updates to the game... (which is becoming unlikely considering ive been trying to install TF2 for weeks now).
regards!
Last edited by bitte-warten on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MintBean

Re: Steam Issues

Post by MintBean »

I think it's something Steam needs to fix. Installed loads of games without problem, but after a break from gaming I had a game recently give me some trouble installing, and it was one I had installed before without issue.
Have you got 'Garry's Mod?'
If not, get it.
bitte-warten

Post by bitte-warten »

hmhm i guess its a steam sided problem, maybe download country and my proxy is a thing.
i really have no clue because most of other games work fine. and yeah i do have garrys mod since it first appeared as a mod :D orange box is the best btw. i just bought a few this year for friends on summersale (3,50€) while installing them linuxmint so they have something to play and stick with my favorite OS hehe
:)
Last edited by bitte-warten on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
bitte-warten

Post by bitte-warten »

okay this is pretty weird but it works,
just installed the game on another drive, home where my OS is located, and it works... before you ask - on the one before is more than 500gb freespace, its new and everything so it doesnt make any sense to me but it works so i am happy and probably gonna fix the other issues like this for me.
feels kinda random.
:D
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

Oh well, hope it keeps on working for you. Yeah the Orange Box is great. Bought it years ago; brilliant value.

Return to “Gaming”