Why don't controllers function if they're turned on after a game starts?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
borg101

Why don't controllers function if they're turned on after a game starts?

Post by borg101 »

This isn't a big issue, but I'm curious as to why most games will not recognize my Wireless Xbox 360 controller after it has power cycled or if they're turned on after most games are loaded. I say most, because this doesn't really happen in Steam games, but it does in most non Steam titles I can think of that I have. It is the most bothersome when I have to change batteries in my controller and the game no longer recognizes the controller afterward. I have to exit the game, then restart with the controller on. This has happened in every single distro, so I'm guessing its a problem with the way Linux handles controllers, or perhaps its just my controllers, 4 wireless xbox 360 controllers.

Is there a reason this happens? Is there any fix for it? Like I said, its not a big deal. Just saves a minute here or there and a bit of a headache.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Gaming”