Good resource(s) for installing games?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
borg101

Good resource(s) for installing games?

Post by borg101 »

After making the permanent switch to Linux ~9 months ago, I decided about 3 months ago to only support developers whom natively support Linux. There are some great sourceports out there that allow me to play some classic, previously "Windows Only" software. I've also found tools like PlayOnLinux, and Lutris, as well as Steam, that make it easy to setup games. I am having trouble installing some titles though, such as Warcraft 2 BNE and Baldur's Gate/TOTSC discs I have. I'm curious, are there any resources out there for older games with tutorials on how to install them? Every single one I've come across is either broken or has gaps in the information or assumes the user is an expert Linux user, which I am far from. I installed GemRB easy enough, but have absolutely no clue how to install the game files. I searched on and off for 3 days now, so I'm turning here for help. Does anyone know of any decent guides?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Good resource(s) for installing games?

Post by catweazel »

Take a look here for more games. Also here, and here.

These are PPAs so you're placing a level of trust in the maintainers not to bork your system.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Gaming”