How to install Second Life on Linux

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vixiefox

How to install Second Life on Linux

Post by vixiefox »

Hi if your running a 64 bit mint installation try installing the 32 bit since the beta testing for 2nd life is 32 bit only, if not already provided
How to install, First off place the extracted files where you would like to install 2nd life. run the install.sh file after your are done with that it should auto close the terminal. if not close it then open a new terminal and follow the next steps.

STEPS: here is how i got mine to work.
Step 1.) Open terminal then type in

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs 
Step 2.) after that go ahead and type in

Code: Select all

./secondlife 
make sure your in the directory where you had installed 2nd life, also note this is how you will have to run 2nd life via terminal. the application crashes if you do not run it via terminal. Hope this helps, have fun ^ ^

P.S: 2nd life .exe format does work with the latest wine HQ staging. so if what I provided doesn't work for you then go ahead and just run the exe via Wine.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
groggo

Re: How to install Second Life on Linux

Post by groggo »

Thanks a lot for help

Return to “Gaming”