Keeping windows active for gaming

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zeddrich
Level 2
Level 2

Keeping windows active for gaming

Post by Zeddrich »

So, I suppose this might be useful for any game, although I'm particularly asking for Minecraft as it would make 'farming' and other resource gathering activities easier. I am wondering if there is a way to keep the minecraft window active while so I can leave the game to run and be away from my laptop?

I've currently tried moving minecraft to another workspace(I should mention I'm using xfce)... I've tried everything I can think of while setting up an 'auto-fisher' on the game and every time I return to my laptop the game is in the *pause* state(like I hit the escape key).

Does anyone know of a way to force the minecraft window to stay active?

Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lexon

Re: Keeping windows active for gaming

Post by lexon »

Not the answer you want but a couple years ago I spent about $300.00 USD for a new W10 laptop. Solved a lol issues very easily about running W10 and Linux.
The past five years I was given two laptops that run Linux Mint quite well. My dual boot idea.

L
Zeddrich
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Keeping windows active for gaming

Post by Zeddrich »

I was talking about the game window, not the OS.

Return to “Gaming”