[Solved]Can I run everything on a Windows virtualbox and have nearly the same gaming performance?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Linux_User157

[Solved]Can I run everything on a Windows virtualbox and have nearly the same gaming performance?

Post by Linux_User157 »

Can I run everything on a Windows virtualbox and have nearly the same performance? I have really high specs. Nvidia GTX 1070, 32 GB ram, processor I forget the name of, but about the highest you can get for my laptop...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
silfox2000
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Can I run everything on a Windows virtualbox and have nearly the same gaming performance?

Post by silfox2000 »

At least you can't set VirtualBox to use all CPU kernels, can't use all the RAM and can use only partial 2D and 3D hardware support from the video card with very limited memory... so no.
Linux_User157

Re: Can I run everything on a Windows virtualbox and have nearly the same gaming performance?

Post by Linux_User157 »

What performance could I get out of it? How much is very limited video memory?
silfox2000
Level 3
Level 3

Post by silfox2000 »

256MB with 3D support enabled but the DirectX support is experimental. I had cases in which Windows 7 cannot pass the Aero test. For some windows games and applications you can try wine but I would suggest Windows/Linux dual boot.

Return to “Gaming”