How do you play Witcher 3 on WINE? This is the GOG version, which is on sale right now!

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
flatiron
Level 3
Level 3

How do you play Witcher 3 on WINE? This is the GOG version, which is on sale right now!

Post by flatiron »

How do you play this on wine? I see like 10 different files. Why so many files? What do I do with those files? Might as well include install instructions for the first game too.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Appoloin
Level 3
Level 3

Re: How do you play Witcher 3 on WINE? This is the GOG version, which is on sale right now!

Post by Appoloin »

Witcher3 along with Dishonored2 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are on my to play list as well.

There are a few youtube videos of Witcher3 working on the newer staging version of wine but additional patches are required. Wine3rc1 might have these patches included, the release notes do mention Witcher, Directx10 and AMD ( :D )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpqnBZwAEtk

Do you have PlayOnLinux? I don't have Witcher3 yet but if the GOG package is like Witcher1 or Witcher2, just create a new bottle install dependences ( DirectX, DotNet) then run the installer.
Zeddrich
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How do you play Witcher 3 on WINE? This is the GOG version, which is on sale right now!

Post by Zeddrich »

check winehq.com for the correct wine version to run... GOG games usually are listed as their own version of the game. Play On Linux(POL)is something I would recommend as a frontend for wine.

Return to “Gaming”