[Solved] Can someone help me install a game?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
idle

[Solved] Can someone help me install a game?

Post by idle »

There is a game called: Insatia. http://insatia.kozinaka.com/ and its also for Linux too which is cool. If you like the game slither: http://slither.io/ which is highly addictive fun, this is similar but with more action. :D

I downloaded the zip and extracted the contents to a desktop folder called Insatia, but I can't get the game to run :(

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to be able to play this game - thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Can someone help me install a game?

Post by Flemur »

idle wrote:I downloaded the zip and extracted the contents to a desktop folder called Insatia, but I can't get the game to run :( !
How you install or run it depends on the files in the zip file - are you sure there's no "readme" or "how to" (there usually isn't, because that'd be too easy!)
Please post the result of :

Code: Select all

ls -alF Insatia
in "code" backets.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
idle

Post by idle »

ls: cannot access 'Insatia': No such file or directory
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Open the file manager and navigate to wherever you saved the zip file. Right click on it, then click Extract here. That will create a new folder called 'Insatia-4-1-linux-demo.' Double click the folder. Then double click the 'launch' file. Away you go! There are no instructions to install it, and apparently it doesn't need installing. You could probably add it to your Menu if you like.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
idle

Post by idle »

jimallyn wrote:Open the file manager and navigate to wherever you saved the zip file. Right click on it, then click Extract here. That will create a new folder called 'Insatia-4-1-linux-demo.' Double click the folder. Then double click the 'launch' file. Away you go! There are no instructions to install it, and apparently it doesn't need installing. You could probably add it to your Menu if you like.
Yes! This was the medicine. Game works perfectly :D

Thanks heaps.

BTW for anyone with some time to kill, the game is really fun, give it a try.

Return to “Gaming”