What game controllers support linux?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
flatiron
Level 3
Level 3

What game controllers support linux?

Post by flatiron »

Both flight sticks and gamepads.
English Invader
Level 4
Level 4

Re: What game controllers support linux?

Post by English Invader »

As with Windows, an XBox 360 controller and a generic PS2 style controller (or real PS2 controller with USB adaptor) will cover 99.9% of games.

I have a ton of different USB controllers and all of them have been picked up by Linux Mint. Compatibility depends on the individual program rather than the OS.
Alpha_sh

Post by Alpha_sh »

my Logitech F310 seems to support linux flawlessly. its one of the best controllers ive used and i would definitely reccomend it
Shadow in Fire
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Shadow in Fire »

Linux Mint should be able to detect your controllers instantly, regardless of type. As long as it can plug into any computer, then the OS shouldn't object to it, unless there was a misconfiguration on your part.

I highly recommend using AntiMicro for managing your gamepads. It's better to assign them by key than configure their options within each game, as the former would be much more reliable in the long run.
AzarAngel
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AzarAngel »

Well I have a generic Xbox one controller and it doesn't work on Linux mint, seems half recognized, however the original one works just fine so if you're planning on buying one, go for the original or confirmed ones
Nikolai5
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Nikolai5 »

PS5 controller works out of the box, kernel driver supplied by Sony themselves I believe.

This does not mean that it will work with all third party software though. Such as you might find an emulator isn't able to use it because the emulator doesn't know what to do with it as opposed to it being Linux's fault.

Having said, that I got it working ok with PCSX2 and Steam obviously picks it up no problem.
Aleyda
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Aleyda »

Here are the following controller work on linux:

Xbox One controller.
Xbox 360 controller.
PlayStation 4 controller.
PlayStation 3 controller.

Return to “Gaming”