Civilization 6 on steam : launch problem

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
r1mk4
Level 1
Level 1

Civilization 6 on steam : launch problem

Post by r1mk4 »

Hello,

First, take in mind that I'm a beginner in Linux's world. I promise to do my homework, but please, be patient :roll:

I've installed Linux mint 18.3 Cinnamon on a HP PAVILION POWER -15-cb016nf- Core I5-7300HQ - 4 Go - HDD 1To - GEFORCE GTX 1050 2 Go.

I just installed Civilization 6 Digital Deluxe on steam, the downloading seemed to work great. But, when I try to start it, only a steam window appears (verifying updates, connecting to my steam account and then "launch civ 6") , it close and then nothing ever happen.. I couldn't find any solution on the web. I can't even picture where the problem is.. Any idea ? Solutions ?

Thanks in advance,

R1mk4.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
uberdorf

Re: Civilization 6 on steam : launch problem

Post by uberdorf »

Make sure you have installed the proprietary NVIDIA graphics driver and the Intel microcode, that is my guess as to why it won't start. Unfortunately I have had trouble in the past with the NVIDIA 384 series drivers on Ubuntu derivatives, I would recommend 387 if available.

For diagnosing, try opening a terminal and enter the word steam. That should start steam, and any errors should show up in the terminal.

Return to “Gaming”