Game Boy Advance Emulator

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alexa9

Game Boy Advance Emulator

Post by alexa9 »

I tried a few games with VisualBoy Advance: Shining Soul 2, Advance Wars, and Super Mario 3/World. Mario lagged a lot and made it unplayable but the other two games were great nostalgia. I wonder if I can adjust the settings somehow to get Mario to be playable. It just dawned on me that it could be my wireless keyboard delay but I don't think so.

I also looked up a DOS emulator but couldn't find many games I'm interested in. I'd love to find a Sega Genesis (I see Gen/GS for Ubuntu) or a SNES emulator (higan?) as well. Maybe the SNES emulator will run Mario better and solve my problem. Update: higan works great for Mario. Used a PS3 controller instead of the keyboard.

Found this thread on a Genesis emulator: viewtopic.php?t=132420
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
English Invader
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Game Boy Advance Emulator

Post by English Invader »

Kega Fusion is the best Mega Drive/Genesis emulator. Available for Windows, Mac and Linux and also emulates SG-1000, Master System, Game Gear, 32x and Mega/Sega CD. IMO the MD/Genesis emulation is so good it's virtually indistinguishable from the real hardware.

And SNES 9x would be preferable to Higan because it emulates all the custom graphics chips for games like Pilotwings, Super Mario Kart and Yoshi's Island while with Higan you have to install and configure the emulations for those custom chips yourself which can be quite tricky and time consuming.

You could also do a lot worse than BGB which emulates the original Gameboy and GBC to a better standard than Visual Boy Advance IMO. Not available on Linux natively but runs perfectly through Wine.

Return to “Gaming”