Does anyone else remember the old Linux games Slune, Balazar, and Arkanae?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ylevental

Does anyone else remember the old Linux games Slune, Balazar, and Arkanae?

Post by ylevental »

I started using Linux ten years ago and discovered those games in the software repos. Slune was a 3D game about medical ethics in Africa featuring a penguin, Balazar was an adventure game, and Arkanae was a RPG. I liked them because of the chill music and unique graphics.

Information about those games is available at http://www.lesfleursdunormal.fr/static/ ... ex_en.html, on the left hand side of the page. The download links don't exist anymore directly, but are preserved on archive.org. Compiling them would be quite hard, since most of the files are very outdated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MonsterSlayer28

Re: Does anyone else remember the old Linux games Slune, Balazar, and Arkanae?

Post by MonsterSlayer28 »

Hello! thanks for the information, I am also looking for those games but I can't find a download link, I have played Arkanae and Balazar for ten years and now that I have linux again, I want to play them, before I had no hope, but if I can get the source code , I may be able to play it again :D :D
ugurcansayan
Level 1
Level 1
Location: %PERMSN_MISSING% "To resolve this issue, go to Start > Settings > Piracy"

Post by ugurcansayan »

I have never heard Arkanae before, but I remember disliking Balazar because I couldn't figure it out :lol:

https://pypi.org/project/BalazarBrothers/
I think this link works
Newbie of Cinnamon on Linux Mint 20.1
bracknelson
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bracknelson »

I played all games. Thanks for reminding me I had forgotten game names.

Return to “Gaming”