Textures not working with play on Linux (?)

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
spicykokoro

Textures not working with play on Linux (?)

Post by spicykokoro »

sup yall,
maybe it's a better idea to post this to newbie corner but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
so I'm trying out a fun NEW game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, but as you might figure, pc-wise its only windows compatible. i tried Play On Linux, and no idea if this is caused by PoL which im pretty sure it isn't, but 1)if the resolution is less than 1024x768 the screen flips and does this wierd thing, and 2)if the res is set to 1024x768 none of the models load properly (you can only see a blue filled in shape and if they move they leave a blue trace that doesnt dissapear
I tried following this: https://github.com/Facepunch/garrysmod- ... issues/509 but I only got a this directory does not exist error in the terminal
any ideas?
p.s. how do you attach files here? I tried adding my screenshots but 'the files are too big'? how small does it have to be
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spicykokoro

Re: Textures not working with play on Linux (?)

Post by spicykokoro »

update now it doesn't open properly no matter the res/custom settings
made the image as small as I could to demonstrate the looping and cropping it does
the initial thought was 'oh its trying to fit for the resolution' but here we are in 1280x1040 and still
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Textures not working with play on Linux (?)

Post by Moem »

Make it a .jpg, it'll be small enough while being big enough to read. Or upload it with a picture hosting site and use the rimg tags to show it in your message.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Gaming”