wine resolution changed

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shan khalam

wine resolution changed

Post by shan khalam »

In the wine config Graphics tab, at the bottom of the page is a slider for screen resolution. I mistakenly put it all the way to the max dpi. (I think it was originally something like 120dpi, and it went to 430) The font turned gigantic for everything in the config screen. There's no scroll to get to the bottom of the page to set the screen resolution dpi slider back down. How can I return it to normal? All other apps are ok, just the configure wine. I haven't tried to run anything with wine either, since I assume it will be affected.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: wine resolution changed

Post by Flemur »

shan khalam wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:01 pm I mistakenly put it all the way to the max dpi. (I think it was originally something like 120dpi, and it went to 430) The font turned gigantic for everything in the config screen. .
As a test I changed it from 96 to 120, and rsync told me that these two files changed:
~/.wine/system.reg
~/.wine/user.reg

...hang on, I'm going to find the differences...

Edit: user.reg, "LogPixels":

Code: Select all

> [Software\\Wine\\Fonts] 1530467214
> #time=1d411637ff35f06
12117c12117
< "LogPixels"=dword:00000070
---
> "LogPixels"=dword:00000078
I changed it from 120 to 112, and 00000070 = hex for 112 and 00000078 = hex for 120.

So edit ~/.wine/user.reg and look for "LogPixels":

"LogPixels"=dword:00000070

If you change it to the same value as shown above it'll be 112 dpi and you should be able to run winecfg and change it back.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
shan khalam

Post by shan khalam »

When i type this it shows permission denied.
shan khalam

Post by shan khalam »

But it says permission denied

Return to “Gaming”