Steam shuts down when I try to play a game

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ronylouis

Steam shuts down when I try to play a game

Post by ronylouis »

So, i installed steam from the software manager, and from their website. Whenever i try to run a game, steam will just shut itself down, and when i try to launch it again, nothing happens. I have Steam OS installed, and i am about to die of undergaming.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Steam shuts down when I try to play a game

Post by rene »

ronylouis wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:47 am I have Steam OS installed [ ... ]
What do you mean? Steam OS is a Linux-distribution, and not the same one as the Linux Mint Linux-distribution. If indeed you are asking this question in the context of Steam OS you'll need to go find Steam OS-specific resources rather than Linux Mint ones.

If you are asking in the context of Linux Mint: what version of Linux Mint? Sounds like Steam is segfaulting for you, and I feel it'd only make sense to debug that further if you tried the flatpak version of Steam "from the software manager". That is, if indeed we are talking Mint here, version 18.3 or 19, and you did not yet try the flatpak version, just remove your current installed version(s) of Steam and install the flatpak version from the Software Manager.

Return to “Gaming”