Big Fish Game Console how can it run on LM 18.3?/SOLVED

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MiraclesHappen

Big Fish Game Console how can it run on LM 18.3?/SOLVED

Post by MiraclesHappen »

Hello everybody,
before ditching Windows for good, I bought some HOPA games from Bigfish.com.

These kind of games work perfectly with Wine but the problem is that they are bundled with the Big Fish Game Console.
I managed to install the console with PlayonLinux but it doesn't work.

My system is Linux Mint 18.3
I'm using Wine (stable 3.o1)
Playonlinux (4.2.12)

I'd rather not use an emulator for these games so can anyone suggest any hints or tips to make the console work?

When I double click on the BigFishGames icon on the desktop, the app runs and opens but the content is completely white - I can't see anything else.

Also, how do I get a report on the behaviour of the app if I want to debug it?
I'm attaching the debug log for your perusal.
Playonlinux_debug.odt
Thanks!
Last edited by SMG on Tue May 10, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locked old, solved topic.
MiraclesHappen

Re: Big Fish Game Console how can it run on LM 18.3?/SOLVED

Post by MiraclesHappen »

I was looking for a very complicated solution when in actual fact the solution was very simple!

Thanks to a guy named Booman who solved the problem for me ([http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/thre ... mint.2547/]

Just when you want to install a BFG for the first time in Playonlinux (4.2.12), configure Wine during the installation with Windows XP.
That's it you're done!
MiraclesHappen

Re: Big Fish Game Console how can it run on LM 18.3?/SOLVED

Post by MiraclesHappen »

I made a video tutorial if anyone is interested where you can see how to install and download BFG!

https://youtu.be/oHLYPWmh4TQ

Enjoy!

Return to “Gaming”