Minecraft 1.13 Server

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Minecraft 1.13 Server

Post by HaveaMint »

Anyone running a server on 1.13? I'm getting server can't keep up and mild lag spikes. Didn't have these issues on 1.12.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Minecraft 1.13 Server

Post by JoeFootball »

HaveaMint wrote:Anyone running a server on 1.13? I'm getting server can't keep up and mild lag spikes.
I haven't, but I did read that 1.13.1 is coming soon, so perhaps this is being addressed.

In the interim, you can try the latest snapshot. This was posted yesterday, with a server link at the bottom.

Joe
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

JoeFootball wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:40 am
HaveaMint wrote:Anyone running a server on 1.13? I'm getting server can't keep up and mild lag spikes.
I haven't, but I did read that 1.13.1 is coming soon, so perhaps this is being addressed.

In the interim, you can try the latest snapshot. This was posted yesterday, with a server link at the bottom.

Joe
Thanks
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

Nope same issue with the new snapshot.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

HaveaMint wrote:Nope same issue with the new snapshot.
That's unfortunate. Hopefully 1.13.1 will resolve it. This post says that it's "coming-very-soon".

Joe
uberdorf

Post by uberdorf »

I am running a Minecraft 1.13 server on an Ubuntu 18.04 server with openbox, a local samba server running, and a website. The minecraft 1.13 server works ok for me but it does seem to use more resources than 1.12 (but I haven't tried to quantify a difference). I rarely get more than 3 players at once though. My "server" is a pc with a 3.7 GHz dual core AMD processor and 8 GB of RAM. I think I allocated 6 GB to the minecraft server in my startup script.

What startup script do you use, and what is your server hardware and OS?
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

uberdorf wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:54 pm I am running a Minecraft 1.13 server on an Ubuntu 18.04 server with openbox, a local samba server running, and a website. The minecraft 1.13 server works ok for me but it does seem to use more resources than 1.12 (but I haven't tried to quantify a difference). I rarely get more than 3 players at once though. My "server" is a pc with a 3.7 GHz dual core AMD processor and 8 GB of RAM. I think I allocated 6 GB to the minecraft server in my startup script.

What startup script do you use, and what is your server hardware and OS?
Sorry, I forgot about this post. I have a A10 AMD 12 gig ram running 4 gig set now off of McMyAdmin and 1.13.1 is running fine on it now. 1.13 was buggy as heck but the update seems to have fixed it. I only have myself and a friend up north on it so 4 gig ram is overkill on it most of the time. I had to rename the old client I was using On my other PC and let it install again (client side not the server) Something in the client was locking up the PC. I'll check it when I get home to see if that cured it.
Again sorry on the delay answering you.
Last edited by HaveaMint on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

JoeFootball wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:16 pm Minecraft 1.13.1 Released

Joe
Thanks Joe :)

Return to “Gaming”