civ VI

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gesteent

civ VI

Post by gesteent »

I have problems running Civ VI, rise and fall. I can get tothe start menu but the moment i start a new game it glitches, freezes, reacts very slowly. I'm on linux mint 19, have an acer aspire vx5 with nvidia geforce gtx 1050 so hardware shouldn't be a problem.

Any thoughts? Often it starts having troubles in the leader loading screen
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: civ VI

Post by catweazel »

gesteent wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:29 am I have problems running Civ VI, rise and fall. I can get tothe start menu but the moment i start a new game it glitches, freezes, reacts very slowly.
That isn't surprising.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=17832
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Via wine or Linux native version from Steam?
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

smurphos wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:34 am Via wine or Linux native version from Steam?
Crikey! I missed that. I must be going bling.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
gesteent

Post by gesteent »

Native
idle

Post by idle »

Had a similar problem with CitiesXL (very similar game) and it turned out to be graphics drivers that were the problem. Well the error log was saying there was a graphics memory issue, which translated to me meant drivers. I changed drivers and everything worked as normal. Have you tried different graphics drivers?
gesteent

Post by gesteent »

idle wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:33 am Had a similar problem with CitiesXL (very similar game) and it turned out to be graphics drivers that were the problem. Well the error log was saying there was a graphics memory issue, which translated to me meant drivers. I changed drivers and everything worked as normal. Have you tried different graphics drivers?
Well i didn't try that yet. I will anytime soon.

Return to “Gaming”