[SOLVED} Autoexec won't work in dosbox

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tkocou
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED} Autoexec won't work in dosbox

Post by tkocou »

Been running dosbox for some time now. It suddenly stopped mounting the c drive directory (as dictated in the autoexec section of the dosbox configuration file). In retrospect, it was a case of stubbing one's toes (ouch!). I had changed the desktop file for dosbox to execute "firejail dosbox". Big mistake! Altering the "firejail dosbox" to plain "dosbox" fixed it.

So, I wanted to share this info to hopefully keep someone else from creating their own problem and wasting a bunch of time trying to fix it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: [SOLVED} Autoexec won't work in dosbox

Post by phd21 »

Hi tkocou,

That's great you solved your "dosbox" issue.

The Dos Emulator (dosemu) worked better than "dosbox" in my humble opinion.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: [SOLVED} Autoexec won't work in dosbox

Post by jimallyn »

I have FreeDOS running in VirtualBox, and as much as I have played with it, it works well. Thinking about getting CP/M running on my computer next.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Gaming”