Warframe refuses to start

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
davidcit646

Warframe refuses to start

Post by davidcit646 »

Hello all,
I am at my wit's end. I am dissatisfied with the performance of Linux Mint 19 after repeated attempts to get Warframe running. I follow all the tutorials and read everything I can, and still nothing. Tgis problem persists even though the launcher has no problems and the game is installed. Every driver and library in the known multiverse is installed on my laptop and still Warframe still refuses to start. Again, I downloaded and installed Vulkan. I have . Net this and C++ that. I have what's effectively every version of Direct X ever released and still Warframe outright refuses to even try.

I hope you can clearly observe what's vexing me and assist me. Please note that I love Linux Mint and have ever since I first learned about it. Please help ease me woes. Relevant information below. Thank you for reading!

Linux Mint 19
Wine Development 3.1
2006 Dell laptop with...
Core 13, 6GB ram, Intel HD graphics, and a 240GB HDD
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
davidcit646

Re: Warframe refuses to start

Post by davidcit646 »

Could it he the version of Wine that I'm using?
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

davidcit646 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:34 pm Could it he the version of Wine that I'm using?
Have you had it running on an earlier version of Mint?

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=30137
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
davidcit646

Post by davidcit646 »

catweazel wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:07 pm
davidcit646 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:34 pm Could it he the version of Wine that I'm using?

I haven't. Truth be told, I moved over to Mint 19, because after reading the news about Steam, I figured I'd give it a try. The last time I had a game running on Mint was roughly 3 or 4 years ago, and it worked pretty seamlessly.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

davidcit646 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:56 pm

I haven't. Truth be told, I moved over to Mint 19, because after reading the news about Steam, I figured I'd give it a try. The last time I had a game running on Mint was roughly 3 or 4 years ago, and it worked pretty seamlessly.
You need to read the link I've provided and decide if it's even worth bothering with.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
davidcit646

Post by davidcit646 »

catweazel wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:07 pm
davidcit646 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:56 pm

You need to read the link I've provided and decide if it's even worth bothering with.
Quote Pyramid

Yes, I have read all the entries regarding Warframe in the Wine HQ App Database. I'm currently running another tutoial (found here), which is the last thing I'll do before either reformating with another distro or an older version of Mint.

I changed my DE.
I changed my Terminal.
I downloaded Wine Staging 3.6

I'll have to update on this, because this is the last resort before reformatting. I know it's possible, because other people have done it.

Return to “Gaming”