Battle.net on Mint 19

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mycrazydruid

Battle.net on Mint 19

Post by mycrazydruid »

Guys,

so anyone have actually tried or am playing Battle.net under Mint 19 currently? Because it seems to me that it is broken, unless I am doing something wrong. After 20 hours or so of trying things like PlayOnLinux and such I was finally able to launch Battle.net farely easy using this solution here: https://lutris.net/games/battlenet/ (IMPORTANT: if you search for World of Warcraft on Lutris you will NOT get this page and installer. You will get the other one, that would not even start for me on Mint). Problem is that I can't get it to work persistently. E.g. it started for me one day, but crushed with Application encountered an unexpected error the other day.
Now I do understand that the software itself was coded like shit and glitches of Battle.net are reported even for Windows daily. But what can we, Mint users, do to have it available and working? :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Battle.net on Mint 19

Post by Moem »

Mod note:
Split this off into a separate topic. Please do not piggyback on other people's topics, start new ones instead.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
desperados
Level 4
Level 4

Post by desperados »

I've tried with playonlinux and wine with no success, but with Lutris I was able to install Hearthstone
tremblayt

Post by tremblayt »

Anyone tried running Overwatch on Mint? I'm playing on my windows machine currently but I'd like to have it on my Mint machine as well. If anyone has some quick guides that would be very helpful

Return to “Gaming”