WoW and Paladins

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Vedistaan

WoW and Paladins

Post by Vedistaan »

I mainly use Windows, now i m completely tired of it. I switched to Mint. But i have so many question like "how to this and that", I can't even find a proper tutorial to start learning in a sequence.

So, I have 2 requests at the moment. I need a reference from where I can learn about linux and Bash and other stuff to keep me going fluently or at least smoothly during the period of learning it.
The other is ,how do i install World of Warcraft (a blizzard game) and Paladins ( a hirez game but can be found in steam).
Also, is it mandatory to install any windows thing on linux in the same process like the two above?

Note: my main reason to switch to Linux is because my aim in life is to become a System Adimin/Architect (or Game developer).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: WoW and Paladins

Post by gm10 »

Vedistaan wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:01 pm Note: my main reason to switch to Linux is because my aim in life is to become a System Adimin/Architect (or Game developer).
Well, most game developers are all on Windows and so are most system admins.

As to your two games, I never played WoW but I know that Paladins uses Easy Anti-Cheat and thus won't run on Linux.
Vedistaan

Post by Vedistaan »

What if I install vmware and then play paladins?

and what should I do on windows to prepare myself for being a System Admin? Like Gilfoyle in Silicon Valley. All of them seemed to use Linux if I am not wrong.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Sure, you can run Windows in a virtual machine, but then it's Windows and not Linux. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_administrator

Return to “Gaming”