P.A.M.E.L.A game have you tried it?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ImpWarfare
Level 1
Level 1

P.A.M.E.L.A game have you tried it?

Post by ImpWarfare » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Bought this game awhile ago in November tried it on Windows 10 and it seems to be an interesting game some of the characters like for example the infected looks like those from System Shock 2 but what impresses me is the quality of the tech on the game and I like the fact you have in-game reading. Apparently it will be ported to macOS and Linux-based systems after the Windows release according to the FAQ. Do you think they'll keep their word on the Linux version?
System Specs:
Processor: Intel Core-i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz /// Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5 /// RAM: 2 X 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Memory /// Hard Drive Storage: 4TB SATA Hard Drive

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: P.A.M.E.L.A game have you tried it?

Post by xenopeek » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:11 pm

I couldn't find that promise in the FAQ. It just says:
What platforms are we releasing on?

We are only officially releasing on PC as of now, but we are also considering consoles, and experimenting with VR.
PC equates to Windows in that. In any case, this being an early access game... But it looks very good!

I only saw the trailer but perhaps it's a bit like games such as The Station, ALONE IN SPACE and Alien: Isolation? Those are on Linux already.

ImpWarfare
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ImpWarfare » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:15 pm

xenopeek wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:11 pm
I couldn't find that promise in the FAQ. It just says:
What platforms are we releasing on?

We are only officially releasing on PC as of now, but we are also considering consoles, and experimenting with VR.
PC equates to Windows in that. In any case, this being an early access game... But it looks very good!

I only saw the trailer but perhaps it's a bit like games such as The Station, ALONE IN SPACE and Alien: Isolation? Those are on Linux already.
I've got all those three games you've mentioned, The Station, is one of my favourites although yeah there's no action but its a very interesting storyline and I'm really stuck on the Alien: Isolation game which for me I've got past the communication level but now I'm trapped at the medical facility in which the alien starts to stalk the character my character just stays hiding and I'm struggling on that level.
System Specs:
Processor: Intel Core-i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz /// Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5 /// RAM: 2 X 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Memory /// Hard Drive Storage: 4TB SATA Hard Drive

ImpWarfare
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ImpWarfare » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Oh just for the record you'll find the promise via this link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/427880/d ... 728275066/ under the criteria: Q: What platforms will P.A.M.E.L.A. be releasing on?
System Specs:

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Post by xenopeek » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:57 am

Ah right. I just search for "P.A.M.E.L.A FAQ" and ended up on their own site but apparently Steam is more authoritative :lol: Anyway, "probably" isn't very convincing...

ImpWarfare
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ImpWarfare » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:18 pm

xenopeek wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:57 am
Ah right. I just search for "P.A.M.E.L.A FAQ" and ended up on their own site but apparently Steam is more authoritative :lol: Anyway, "probably" isn't very convincing...
Just for the record I did ask the company on the steam discussion page of PAMELA and they stated that they would definitely do a Linux release but after the official release which is apparently scheduled for August 2019 if they stick to the release schedule. Currently though they're waiting for an update to Unity which is preventing them from releasing updates at the moment.
System Specs:

Return to “Gaming on Linux Mint”