Fixes for System Shock 2

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ImpWarfare
Level 1
Level 1

Fixes for System Shock 2

Post by ImpWarfare »

I know that this game caused some issues with some users due to it being a wine ported game but if anybody still doesn't know how to get it to work on Mint I've posted awhile ago some fixes on the Arch Wiki it works on Mint as well you may view the section at the following link: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/St ... 27t_launch

As long as you follow what I've put down on the two sections especially for the resolution fix it should technically work properly after doing the changes some users however on the steam forums stated copy and paste should work but not for some cases nor certain systems. Hopefully its easy to understand as I'm not great writing guides online.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
“It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” -J. K Rowling
-----
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
akariiiin

Re: Fixes for System Shock 2

Post by akariiiin »

Thanks! I've been wanting to revisit this classic for a long time.

Return to “Gaming”