(SOLVED) Turning On Threaded Optimization for X-Plane 11.30

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
halregen
Level 3
Level 3

(SOLVED) Turning On Threaded Optimization for X-Plane 11.30

Post by halregen »

I have been searching for a way to turn on Threaded Optimization when playing X-Plane 11.30. I found this: https://askubuntu.com/questions/489012/ ... timisation
I loaded this command with X-Plane:

Code: Select all

$ env LD_PRELOAD="libthread.so.0 libGl.so.1" _GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 ~/"X-Plane 11/X-Plane-x86_64"
With that I get a string after string of this:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libthread.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
It does not make any difference to FPS of X-Plane, maybe because it is not doing anything with this error. Is there another libthread.so.0 libGl.so.1 versions that are used instead in Mint 19 or how do I get this to work?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
halregen
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Turning On Threaded Optimization for X-Plane 11.30

Post by halregen »

It may need a package installed that contains libthread.so.0 and libGl.so.1 or versions different from that. If that is so what packages would have them? I tried looking in Synaptic to see if I already had them or what packages to install some version. I tried

sudo apt install libGl.so*
and got a list of packages some already installed and some not. I don't know either from Synaptic or apt commands if a already installed package contains what I need or I have to install another package. I also tried similarly with

sudo apt install libthread.so*
and that automatically installed libthread-serialize-perl and libthread-sigmask-perl.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

Dunno about X-Plane, but it is libpthread.so.0 and libGL.so.1
halregen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by halregen »

rene wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:46 am Dunno about X-Plane, but it is libpthread.so.0 and libGL.so.1
Yes that is what I tried to install but got a message back that could not find any files like that. That is what I also put in the threaded optimization command but it returns those error messages and makes no difference to X-Plane 11.30 frame rate (which has deteriorated since update from 11.26 to 11.30). In another x-plane.org forum thread, about testing the performance of hardware in X-Plane, it does say turning on threaded optimization in X-Plane 11.30 makes a large positive difference.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

I'm now unsure if you are still missing the fact that your original post has two spelling errors; libthread rather than libpthread and libGl rather than libGL. Both libraries are installed by default on Mint and you should as such at the very least not be getting the "cannot open" error message.,
halregen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by halregen »

rene wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:23 pm I'm now unsure if you are still missing the fact that your original post has two spelling errors; libthread rather than libpthread and libGl rather than libGL. Both libraries are installed by default on Mint and you should as such at the very least not be getting the "cannot open" error message.,
Thanks for pointing that out. I never realized. I will try the command with corrected spelling.
halregen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by halregen »

With correct spelling the command works but unfortunately it does not help with lower FPS in X-Plane 11.30, at least in my case. I will mark this as solved because the lower FPS is a different problem to be sorted out in x-plane.org forums.

Return to “Gaming”