[Linus Tech Tips] Linux gaming is BETTER than windows?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
rene
Level 16
Level 16

[Linus Tech Tips] Linux gaming is BETTER than windows?

Post by rene »

Linux gaming is BETTER than windows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T_-HMkgxt0
Minty_64
Level 2
Level 2

Re: [Linus Tech Tips] Linux gaming is BETTER than windows?

Post by Minty_64 »

some games perform better on linux although not all games can run on linux the gaming on linux is growing and may be a dream but one day I might ditch windows for good.
worstcaster
Level 1
Level 1

Post by worstcaster »

Depends of the games you play. I tend to play single player games, so I keep Linux on my laptop and could probably do just fine with just Linux. My son enjoys Fortnite, so WIndows 10 is on the desktop for that. When he goes to college the desktop will probably be switched to Linux.
garry9
Level 1
Level 1

Post by garry9 »

I use Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 specifically) for most of my games now. Most games work out of the box with Steams Proton now, quite a few popular ones are native, and lutris with wine + dxvk is super simple to set up.

The only games I keep on a Windows 10 partition are Ubisoft games, BO4 and Destiny 2, and the odd ones that just don't work. If a game doesn't work right off the bat there are usually small tweaks that make the game run flawlessly with any support available from the great Linux community.

Honestly it's been a 9/10 experience, if you are willing to do a tad bit of research and such.

If you play for fun, then da vinci slots free games https://onlineslotsx.com/free-slots/davinci-diamonds/ is good. I play there quite a bit. Let me know if you want a game.

Return to “Gaming on Linux Mint”