Game Controller

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
fletcher1978
Level 1
Level 1

Game Controller

Post by fletcher1978 »

Sorry if this should be in Newbie Questions. Feel free to move it.

I want to get a controller to play games on my computer. Interested mostly in Mupen64 for Tony Hawk and similar. Would be interested to know if anyone can confirm that the Logitech Gamepad F310 will work with Mupen64 (or if there is a better N64 emulator for Linux, I'm all ears). Would the PlayStation DualShock 4 Controller work on N64 emulators?

I have really been missing some of the N64 games I used to play, and I want to get into them again, but I need to make sure that I get a controller that will work with Mint and whichever emulator I use.

Any help is appreciated.
trytip
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Game Controller

Post by trytip »

ah, the old question of can i use my controller with this game? :twisted: makes me insane when i try a game like the new Crash Team Racing or Castlevania's copy of Bloodstained Ritual of the Night but i'll be a chicken's ass because i bought a Logitech and not an efin microsoft supported controller so you have to use the keyboard

do yourself a favor and do not buy a Logitech but spend the money for an Xbox One and please the microsoft idiot developers. you can get around using Logitech and xce360 which sometimes works and most of the times does nothing for new games. also if you use wine32 or wine64 good luck trying to figure out which controller emulator you need to make logitech working.

since i don't have an xbox or playstation to test controllers don't know which is better for use in games with linux but since most games are microsoft i would get an xbox controller and to make sure at least you have the option to use wired connection because wireless sometimes has delay and lag

Return to “Gaming on Linux Mint”