Among Us (Steam)

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Tee_Hat-50
Level 1
Level 1

Among Us (Steam)

Post by Tee_Hat-50 »

mr_raider wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:00 am
Most Linux gamers are now playing games from GOG or steam, and can run even windows native games with dxvk compatibility layer.
Is their a particular game you are looking for?
My son and I recently upgraded our PCs to Mint 20 and love it---he's got both Terraria (STEAM) and Minecraft on his machine. We bought "Among Us" on STEAM only to discover that it doesn't support Linux (or even Mac!). Being 11, he's nearing death without it.
:P
Is there any way that the game will run on his box? ANY help would be appreciated!
Last edited by Moem on Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split off into a separate topic. Every new question deserves its own topic. Old thread was https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=225&t=327300
voronlisk
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Among Us (Steam)

Post by voronlisk »

In steam, go to the game properties. Check "Force use of specific ...", select Proton 5.0-9 and download the game.
If it does not launch you can try setting the command
PROTON_USE_WINED3D11=1 %command% (Button Set launch option in game's properties)
This worked for me and other people too. Nothing guaranteed of course...
Tee_Hat-50
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tee_Hat-50 »

voronlisk wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:34 am
In steam, go to the game properties. Check "Force use of specific ...", select Proton 5.0-9 and download the game.
If it does not launch you can try setting the command
PROTON_USE_WINED3D11=1 %command% (Button Set launch option in game's properties)
This worked for me and other people too. Nothing guaranteed of course...
Wow. Will do. Thanks!!!!
guythp
Level 2
Level 2

Post by guythp »

With regards to 'Among Us' you may probably already know but it is available on Android and iDevices (i think it's free to download/play and about £1.70 to remove adverts), so if you have a tablet/phone you can play it on that.
Level 3
Level 3

Post by 1000 »

The same topic
But the tips might come in handy if it didn't work.
viewtopic.php?p=1896529#p1896529

Return to “Gaming on Linux Mint”