Revision to an old Scrabble Game

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chipschap

Revision to an old Scrabble Game

Post by chipschap »

This won't by any means be suitable for all, and I hope this is the right place to post. Remember the old Scrabble 1.31 by James A. Cherry, which was pure ASCII? It's still around in a couple of places, and I always liked it. Very basic, but fun.

I've just done a major revision to Dr. Cherry's game, and renamed it 'Scramble'. I've added GCG output, analysis output, save/restore, a much larger dictionary, on-line lookup, etc. It's still pure ASCII. It only runs on Linux and Termux (tested on Mint and Arch, and Android 7 and 10). I've also put together a manual.

There are surely bugs and numerous shortcomings. Computer strategy is limited to just playing high-scoring words. Same with analysis; it's just based on word score.

The revised program is completely free and remains in the public domain. Obviously this is on the geeky side. Anyone who wants it can have it. Depending on your environment you might have to recompile.

http://www.bobnewell.net/filez/scramble.zip

I welcome bug reports, although I'm not sure if I'll be making further revisions. My email is listed in the documentation.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Gaming”