Controllers not working correctly on RetroPie EmulationStation V2.9.6RP

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
guineapig64
Level 1
Level 1

Controllers not working correctly on RetroPie EmulationStation V2.9.6RP

Post by guineapig64 »

Hello everyone. I'm a total newbie to everything in Linux so please be extremely patient with me. I'm also autistic so I have a hard time understanding explanations so if you can try to make your explanations as easy as you possibly can. This may take some time for me to understand. :wink:

I'm currently having issues getting my USB SNES and N64 controllers to work with RetroPie. The only controls that are working on the N64 controller is the analog stick and the start button. Nothing else is working. As for the SNES controller (which I plan to use with the rest of the emulators like NES, Game Boy, etc.), the only controls I can get working is the D-Pad. The Select button is acting like the Start button on the SNES controller.

I noticed that the configuration menu in EmulationStation is showing controls that works better with an SNES controller and not an N64 controller (for example, it shows the A, B, X, and Y buttons instead of the A and B buttons when configuring the N64 controller).

Operating system is Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon
Cinnamon version is 4.8.6
Controller name for the SNES controller is INNEXT USB Gamepad
Controller name for the N64 controller is DragonRise Inc. Generic USB Joystick
RetroPie version is the current version for Ubuntu/Debian (it's either version 4.7 or 4.7.1, I'm not sure which version it is. I just installed RetroPie a few days ago if that helps).

I've looked up many tutorials on how to configure these controllers and nothing is helping. I don't know what else I could do. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
My current computers: Dell OptiPlex 5040, MSI GF63 Thin, Dell Latitude 3380.

Return to “Gaming”