old game: Pandora's Box

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
elmarts
Level 4
Level 4

old game: Pandora's Box

Post by elmarts »

It's an old game from Microsoft that ran on win98 Copyright 1999. I have been trying to install it under Wine but the setup.exe files fails to find the language dll that is right beside it on the CDROM. Has anyone managed to get this thing to run?
- Elmar
Dual boot win 10 & Linux Mint
Release Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia 64-bit
Kernel Linux 5.15.0-91-generic x86_64
MATE 1.26.0
kathi17
Level 1
Level 1

Re: old game: Pandora's Box

Post by kathi17 »

I had it working with Linux Mint on my desktop, but I don't remember how I did it. I know I needed the file Pandora10a.exe after installing Pandora. (there are lots of places to download that file). I can't seem to get the patch to install on my laptop though, because the patch says I don't have the CD. (I do). I have been reading more info today, and there is a no CD crack version on the internet.

Now that I have seen that, I almost think I remember having to download the cracked version rather than using my CD to get it working before. I've got to find the cracked version again to see if it works.

Return to “Gaming”