My friend can't join my Minecraft server that I set up on Mint

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Angvs
Level 1
Level 1

My friend can't join my Minecraft server that I set up on Mint

Post by Angvs »

Mint Version: 19.3.

I have the last version of Minecraft Java Edition for Linux and I've downloaded Minecraft Server from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/server. I can create the server without issues via the terminal and log in into it with the IP address provided by command "ifconfig -a". But for some reason my friend cannot get in by the same address and instead gets the following error:

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information:

I searched for this error over the internet and followed instructions on countless tutorials, but none seems to work. I remember succeeding in creating a joinable server numerous times in the past, but it is not working now for some reason. What should I do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Gaming”