(SOLVED) Getting Steam to open game on CD drive

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jstich
Level 4
Level 4

(SOLVED) Getting Steam to open game on CD drive

Post by jstich »

Hello, I have a Windows game on DVD that is in my CD drive. I want to add it to either Steam or Litrus so I can play it on Mint.When I try to add it in Steam I only get a bunch of miscellaneous files but my CD drive is not listed. I There may be an option to add it to Litrus but I can't find a way to simply add the CD drive as a game through it. Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.2 64bit,i7 4770, RX570 8GB VRAM,16GB RAM, , Asus G74sx laptop with Mint 21.2
cretsiah
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Getting Steam to open game on CD drive

Post by cretsiah »

not suer you can install it using steam believe it has to be already installed..

as for lutris have you tried this
https://forums.lutris.net/t/installing- ... -cd/8972/8

otherwise probably need wine + winetricks
jstich
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Getting Steam to open game on CD drive

Post by jstich »

I managed to do a search for my game inside Lutris and it came up as a community installer.I installed it and it would open steam and go to the steam page to buy the game. Upon further tinkering I got it to launch the game! And yes Cretsiah wine and wine accessories were used getting it going.I also got a look at the Wine configuration settings.
As far as that game playing through Steam I have to go to the steam controller forum to hopefully fix that for both Windows and Linux.Thanks Cretsiah!
Mint 21.2 64bit,i7 4770, RX570 8GB VRAM,16GB RAM, , Asus G74sx laptop with Mint 21.2

Return to “Gaming”