Nvidia tripplebuffering doesn't work.(Solved)

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ratpizza
Level 1
Level 1

Nvidia tripplebuffering doesn't work.(Solved)

Post by ratpizza »

There is a game I'm running on Proton (exanima) with in-game vsync and tripple-buffering enabled in the Nvidia X settings. It used to work fine but recently the tripple-buffering just doesn't work anymore (framerate gets cut to half if it can't maintain max refresh-rate) which is very strange as I hadn't changed anything in the settings or changed drivers. I have tried to play it on two linux-comps, main with a GTX 960 and secondary with a GTX 745 and there is frame-skipping on both. I have enabled the triplebuffer = true command in the device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-nvidia.conf-file. I have a vague suspicion this could be due to some newly downloaded GPU-shaders but that seems like a really long shot.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ratpizza
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Nvidia tripplebuffering doesn't work.(Solved)

Post by ratpizza »

Never mind, I figured it out. Turned out I just had to untick "Allow Flipping" in the OpenGL Settings of the Nvidia X Server Settings.

Return to “Gaming”