Ubisoft changes to be aware of

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cretsiah
Level 5
Level 5

Ubisoft changes to be aware of

Post by cretsiah »

if you play or want to play older ubisoft games then please bare this in mind

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/game ... /000102396

there is a discussion about what this might mean when it comes to the DLC components on reddit here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments ... ontent_of/

some of us dont believe it is quite clear when they say ALL DLC will not be available for those older games
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rambo919
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Ubisoft changes to be aware of

Post by rambo919 »

You gotta give them credit for being their own worst enemy.

This is both an argument against ubis-t and for piracy.
cretsiah
Level 5
Level 5

Post by cretsiah »

i dont mind them removing the multi-player

it costs money to run servers and if everyone has moved on to multi-play on their latest titles its fair enough

just concerned with the single player missions / gear that might disappear with removal of DLC

because for some of those games the expansion packs / deluxe / gold editions they have combined single player / multi-player elements
ugly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ugly »

The problem is that it might affect the single player experience.

For example, I have Far Cry: Blood Dragon. The last time I tested the game, every time you pause the game (pull up the menu interface) it attempts to connect with the Ubisoft Servers. Since it can't, it just hangs for about 30 seconds until it times out. That can get really annoying.
rambo919
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rambo919 »

They also started to tie in SP to online servers a bit back.

Anno 2070 for example become unplayable because you need to carry over things between maps with online servers.

And then there is the wonderful always online DRM they started....
cretsiah
Level 5
Level 5

Post by cretsiah »

yeah this is going to bugger up my " assassins creed directors cut " and " assassins creed 2 "

ive just had to try to submit a refund request for black flag because i cant get into the actual game on this system

im dreading what is going to happen to my far cry series 3, 4, primal

i dont get a lot of time to play my games so this will suck, even the games i put up on my channel i only put in about an hours work on each ( if you can call it that :lol: ) thats to record > make ready for youtube format > upload
jstich
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jstich »

Publishers just won't stop.I can confirm rambo. I played a free weekend of Far cry 6 and it required me to be online for the SP .As expected even on windows ubi is worthless so I got many disconnections and crashes.So now I'm going to get FC 6 on ps4 on a big discount and not deal with always online crap.There's been speculation far cry may be going to multiplayer and online in the future but we'll see.
Mint 21.2 64bit,i7 4770, RX570 8GB VRAM,16GB RAM, , Asus G74sx laptop with Mint 21.2
cretsiah
Level 5
Level 5

Post by cretsiah »

ive just submitted a report to my local Consumer Affairs agency

Why you ask?

under our law Digital downloads are treated the same as physical copies when its a purchase.

Steam was already repramanded on this in the federal court (of which i submitted a link to the ruling to consumer affairs )

given this effects every Ubisoft customer through their own store + Steam ( which of course i mentioned ) in my country

the" PLEASE EXPLAIN " your actions should be interesting
rambo919
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rambo919 »

jstich wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:07 pm Publishers just won't stop.I can confirm rambo. I played a free weekend of Far cry 6 and it required me to be online for the SP .As expected even on windows ubi is worthless so I got many disconnections and crashes.So now I'm going to get FC 6 on ps4 on a big discount and not deal with always online crap.There's been speculation far cry may be going to multiplayer and online in the future but we'll see.
I actually stopped playing Far Cry with #2 because of all the swearing and the way they locked down the assets so you cannot mod it out yourself the way you can with #1.

And given what they started introducing in #3 good riddance anyway.

But yeah this is a Ubis-t disease, they are utter control freaks and dictate to their customers what they want while the customers just keep feeding the process by still giving them money.
rambo919
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rambo919 »

cretsiah wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:11 pm ive just submitted a report to my local Consumer Affairs agency

Why you ask?

under our law Digital downloads are treated the same as physical copies when its a purchase.

Steam was already repramanded on this in the federal court (of which i submitted a link to the ruling to consumer affairs )

given this effects every Ubisoft customer through their own store + Steam ( which of course i mentioned ) in my country

the" PLEASE EXPLAIN " your actions should be interesting
The funny thing is a lot of these issues can easily be solved by simply open sourcing the discontinued parts and making it someone else's problem.

Return to “Gaming”