Assassins Creed Unity (artifacts and low fps)

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
khyetc
Level 1
Level 1

Assassins Creed Unity (artifacts and low fps)

Post by khyetc »

Have been looking forward to start gaming on linux, just to be shutdown by ubisoft.
Heres a step by step of how i got my game running:
Installed Lutris - Downloaded Ubisoft Connect - Installed Assassins creed Unity - Clicked play -> The games frame rate is on the line of unplayable and the artifacting is hideous.
Im pretty new to Linux, so beware, i might not understand something i should be doing, or am not.

( playing on 1280x720 windowed, on low settings just to get a somewhat stable fps)

I did try using Lutris's website install for Unity, but it always returns with an exit code ( either 256 or 63232 ). Just downloading the game from UbiConnect and refreshing my Lutris Ubisoft list seemed to add the game there, but it never launches from Lutris.
Heres the runner configuration:
Heres the game options:

Adding the game to my Steam library and trying to launch it with Proton also doesn't do anything

CPU: Intel i5-3470 (4) @ 3.600GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 ( Driver version 470 )
Memory: 7920MiB

edit: picture formating
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Gaming”