Possible to set SDL priority to “high”?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jakeyjakejake
Level 1
Level 1

Possible to set SDL priority to “high”?

Post by Jakeyjakejake »

Originally posted about this issue here, but I made progress and thought this deserved a different thread: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=390001

I am experiencing issues in GZDoom, PrBoom, Chocolate Doom, etc, that I am not experiencing in DOSBox. I believe this has to do with SDL priority settings (whatever that means I don't know I'm still learning). When I play DOSBox fullscreen I have none of the keyboard issues I am experiencing with the other sourceports. Everything plays fine. When I play DOSBox in a minimized screen however, the problems are the same as with the other source ports. Then I found this: https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Configuration:SDL "Priority levels for DOSBox. Second entry behind the comma is for when DOSBox is not focused/minimized. Valid priorities are: lowest, lower, normal, higher, highest, and pause.
Default is higher,normal."
So to my novice eye, this means that because DOSBox is in the highest SDL priority during fullscreen gameplay, the background Linux OS does not interfere with the keyboard, and so everything plays as it should. Is there a way I can mimic this with other source ports like GZDoom? If so, how?

System is Linux Mint 20.3, Cinnamon. Let me know if you need more info.
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Gaming”