Wheezy freezing on 30 June

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
squeezy

Wheezy freezing on 30 June

Post by squeezy »

Saw this today...

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-an ... 00006.html

Wheezy will go into its freeze on 30 June. Any ideas how this will impact the next UP?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Wheezy freezing on 30 June

Post by zerozero »

:) and i was lookin' for those news yesterday.
just my personal opinion: we have all the requirements for UP5 (just don't quote on this :lol: )
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

Thanks for the update :-) I like this because it moves us one step closer to the New Stable.
Re: the update packs, I have two computers with LMDE pointing to Latest. Is it reasonable to think these will get updates of wheezy with bug fixes as they get through bug squashing mode? Should we basically have updates that put us on equal footing with the wheezy by the time the New Stable is released? I ask this because I would like to change all my sources to wheezy when the New Stable is released.
Thanks.
kbd
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

Well, wheezy will be frozen for ~6 months before it's release as Stable. It's conceivable that a couple of UPs could released by then (my speculation only!), one with the major changes to wheezy since the last UP and another with the majority of bug fixes applied near release time. I would think after either one of those UPs it would be fairly safe to switch to the Debian sources and not suffer any major breakage.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

That's what I was thinking.

Return to “LMDE Archive”