Unable to get mintmenu on lmde xfce

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
nbob

Unable to get mintmenu on lmde xfce

Post by nbob »

Hi. I am trying to install xfapplet so that I can have my mintmenu instead of the xfce menu.
I have recently updated to update pack 5 and thought that would let me choose mintmenu.
I've installed mintmenu from synaptic and xfapplet-plugin from a deb package I found.
I think I have xfapplet installed correctly. But when I right-click on it there is no mintmenu to be found.

Has anyone else had any success getting mintmenu working on lmde xfce?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Paul_Vandenberg
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Unable to get mintmenu on lmde xfce

Post by Paul_Vandenberg »

It's been a while since I've played with Xfce, but I think you need to configure Xfapplet to use Mint menu. There should be button to configure your Xfapplet where you specify the actual applet you want to run. Sorry, I can't be more specific as I am going from memory.

Paul
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

I believe (maybe wrong) :oops:

MintMenu stoped working in Xfce around UP4. I don't even think xfapplet is in the current (UP5) repos. MintMenu looks to depend on mate.
The Maya Xfce spin got the MM back in Xfce, so some were hoping might be fixed for UP5 for LMDE (Xfce). But I don't think it was (for Xfce anyway) :roll:

Maybe UP6
J.Jay
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 86#p600379
If it's not there yet you'll have to be patient :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”