HP 1212 MFP

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tduplooy

HP 1212 MFP

Post by tduplooy »

Hi All,

I cannot seem to get my LMDE to print or scan to the HP 1212 via network. The printer is operable from other systems...

The printer is recognised when adding it, but the information windows complains about IPP VALUE not recognised when I right click and choose properties on the queue.

Please assist.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tduplooy

Re: HP 1212 MFP

Post by tduplooy »

Interesting,

I got the printer and scanner working on LMDE 32 by downloading the linux mint 13 edition of HPLIP from hplipopensource.com

I got the printing working on LMDE 64 by downloading the linux mint 13 edition of HPLIP from hplipopensource.com The scanning does not work however...
lizbeth

Post by lizbeth »

There is an hplip gui in the repository to download with synaptic. This will create a HP Toolbox in the Preferences Menu. Setup the printer in the toolbox and afterwards select scan. When it scans, it will open up simple scan with your default scanner/printer listed. Or at least it should. I have an hp printer/scanner on my network also and this worked for me.
tduplooy

Post by tduplooy »

Thanks, it worked ! :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”