Packages not properly installing

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
SmallTock

Packages not properly installing

Post by SmallTock »

I reinstalled LMDE with MATE yesterday, after discovering that support for LMDE XFCE has been discontinued. All appeared fantastic, at first, but then things began to go south as I began installing applications. While some apps were functioning properly (emacs, dropbox, blender, chromium, etc.), a fair amount were not installing properly. I will use the archive manager PeaZIP as an example. After downloading the .deb file, I installed it with GDebi, like I'm used to doing. No errors were given to me during the installation process. However, once the installation is complete, PeaZIP does not appear to be installed. I run 'peazip' in the terminal and search the application menu, and PeaZIP is nowhere to be found. The same problem occurred with several other applications. As well, a similar issue arose with fonts. When attempting to install my favorite fonts, the system did not appear to recognize the existence of the majority of them. The ones that were recognized displayed every character as boxes similar in appearance to this: []. Is this normal? I hope it isn't. Help?

Thanks in advance,
-Zach
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Packages not properly installing

Post by zerozero »

how and which version of peaZiP you installed? the site lists 2 http://peazip.sourceforge.net/peazip-linux.html

where did you installed the fonts?
SmallTock

Re: Packages not properly installing

Post by SmallTock »

I installed the Deb(all) version of PeaZIP, since I'm running the 64 bit version of LMDE.
The fonts were installed to /usr/share/fonts/truetype

Return to “LMDE Archive”